UK Cup Clash

gdw

mighty crown were wicked right from the first round - great dubs and really confident mcing. they won the crowd over straight away with tanya stephens 'what a day' and by the final round they were winning every time in the dub for dub. the uk sound immortal got to the final with them, tho bass odyssey looked like they could have done it before they got disqualified for profanity (!!) in the 45 round - no swearing allowed apparently.

one love were kind of disappointing - their mc really failed to connect with the crowd and their selections didn't seem particularly original. wasn't really feeling black kat either but maybe they were having an off day

matterhorn played a dub on the forward rhythm tho i somehow managed to miss that :(

it was totally packed out - they weren't returning the stubs of the tickets and they must have been selling them again in the queue cos you could hardly move inside.

nice crowd, interesting to see quite a few europeans there - french, germans and quite a few japanese too.

it was getting light outside by the time it finished - didn't realise it would go on so long but the end was the most interesting bit...amazing to see a japanese sound beat two of the best jamaican ones...

Eric

Mr Moraigero
sounds excellent ... wisht I could have been there ...

love to have heard that Matterhorn dub.

gdw said:
it was getting light outside by the time it finished - didn't realise it would go on so long but the end was the most interesting bit...amazing to see a japanese sound beat two of the best jamaican ones...

nah but it's CROWN .... :) But I'm a supporter so I'm partisan there. None of the other Japanese sounds are as good, as Red Spider showed us. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Spider'd just gone full bore Japanese and not even tried to speak English in that World Clash. Probably would have got knocked out immediately anyway but at least they wouldn't have embarassed themselves.