best tablet for under 200 quid?

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
7-9 inch screen, lightweight, largely needed for word, adobe reader and internet.

have been told google nexus and blackberry playbook but dont know much about technology tbh.

thanks.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
my mate's got a nexus and it does everything you need it to do from what I can see, if I was gonna get one I get that one.

Anderai

I second Sloane on the Nexus. I've had a Nexus 7 since December 2012. It's a great tablet and does everything I need it to. My only (slight) gripe would be that the volume is a bit on the quiet side but that's a very minor issue.

ifp

Seconded for Nexus 7. Bought one on a whim and happy with it. Installed CyanogenMod for a few extra bells and whistles but the stock OS works fine, fast and snappy. It doesn't really do much that my phone can't do, but makes reading things slightly nicer.

I occasionally read PDFs on the Nexus but it isn't as nice for reading as an e-ink reader. I tend to use Amazon's document conversion service to send PDFs to my Kindle, but this only works if the PDF is encoded text rather than an image (i.e. a scan).

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
nexus plural of nex·us (Noun)
Noun
A connection or series of connections linking two or more things.
A connected group or series: "a nexus of ideas".

hmmmmmmmmmm

nah thanks guys

rubberdingyrapids

:cool: