RIP Claudio Rocchi

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
great Italian musician of the 70s. kind of like a folkier Franco Battiato, but reverbed to hell, echoing spaced quasi-kosmische folk, tho less shambling hippie mystic than comparable German avant folk stuff. Battiato played on or produced a bunch of his records, as did some of Battiato's backing musicians and other people from the Milanese scene of the time. the kind of thing David Tibet and psych folk freaks, neofolk types and kraut heads would probably all be into (he, like Battiato, is on the NWW list). died of a degenerative disease about 3 weeks ago, so belated RIP. I know it's all just nuum stuff here these days so I don't know how relevant it is to people but I was listening to some of his records lately and then I saw he'd died. his best record is definitely Volo Magico N.1. Essenza is also great, and Norma del Cielo and Il Miele dei Pianeti are both good. his later records get into a more purely experimental thing that isn't so great but hey. he mostly stopped released music after 1980 and spent some time in Nepal, I think possibly becoming a Krishna, I dunno you can google him if you're interested. anyway, more people should know his records, so here.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_WpyrRqEIXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kbyeRjq1QfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zqiN7-8FyNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alton0

I got the last update. I guess you could carry on updating it for ever, but the early bits are far more interesting and insightful than the later ones...........,