Icerink Request

labrat

hot on the heels of love
this probably is'nt the right place to do this (i'm sorry y'all i won't do it again) BUT i'm desperate...
i need someone to burn me a CD of Wiley's icerink and other instumental/devil mixes(igloo etc)
i have pounded the streets of Manchester to no avail for over a year (& i don't own a computer)
if you send me a private message ,i'll send you my address......i know this is a cheek and will understand if this gets deleted.

S

simon silverdollar

i'll do it- send me a message with yr address.

championsoundboy at yahoo dot com

mms

sometimes
labrat said:
this probably is'nt the right place to do this (i'm sorry y'all i won't do it again) BUT i'm desperate...
i need someone to burn me a CD of Wiley's icerink and other instumental/devil mixes(igloo etc)
i have pounded the streets of Manchester to no avail for over a year (& i don't own a computer)
if you send me a private message ,i'll send you my address......i know this is a cheek and will understand if this gets deleted.

that's pretty menta,l i was thinking of requesting a cd of devil mixes after hearing one on kpunks excellent london under london resonance show (which is fantastic btw)
does anyone have alot of them ?
i missed out on em and only got a few of the wiley things at the time icerink, igloo and snowman etc
they're a fucking fortune on ebay now as well which is odd

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
where you're going wrong is you pounded the streets of manchester. wiley's stuff is hand distributed so you need to check london shops esp Rhythm Division and Independance.

i dont think there have been that many devil mixes. Eskimo, Roll Deep Regular instrumental and i think the recent Fire Fly EP (still in shops) has them. Ground Zero 12" (mmmm...) has one on the flip too possibly.

funny you should mention ebay marcus. i had some geezers from manchester buy my spare jungle promos off me last year. they said they couldnt get enough of them. i mentioned i thought the real collectable rarities would be wiley's 12"s, seeing as there's so many of them (30? 40? more?) and they're just one off limited pressings. the manchester geezers looked at me like i was mad.

i still wish i could find the 4th eskimo 12", the braindead remix one...

hint

party record with a siren
Blackdown said:

that's actually one of the few I've got. is there a list anywhere of all the different titles?

I've got one called "gunshot riddim" too - was that one of the eskimos?

S

simon silverdollar

'gunshot riddim' is the skepta remix of eskimo.

outraygeous

Blackdown said:

the only eskimo i purchased with the extremly happy shanghi on the flip
the other track i bought was avalance.. that came with a bassmix
(dont refer to them as devil mixes or bad things shall happen to you, wileys words not mine)

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Eskimo 1 = the original
Eskimo 2 = the devil mix (the first devil mix)
Eskimo 3 = the eskimo/Mos Hungry Tiger refix (Roll Deep vocal this on Creeper vol 1)
Eskimo 4 = the Braindead aka Tubby remix

not sure where the Gunshot/Skepta mix fits into this, but this is how i remember the sequence of 12"s.

hint

party record with a siren
cor... it's like finding out the tooth fairy isn't real all over again

the 2 wiley tracks I play out regularly are actually remixes by other people... this white label business does my head in

outraygeous

theres also the nu brand flex mix somewhere in there, the onew with the dilema samples and the skill of chess boxing i think

Blackdown

nexKeysound
there were other mixes that never made vinyl. Zinc did a 138 Trek style remix and a ~175 d&b version too, but they never left dubplate.

and there's a vocal VIP made for Platinum 45 (the More Fire producer) of the Original that featured Dizzee, Wiley and others. Eskimo 3 gets vocaled by the whole Entourage on Creeper Vol 1. Those gongs (nicked from MoS Wanted's "Hungry Tiger") still sound lush.

oh and there was the dancehall vocal version "Donkey Kick" which did make 12".

bascially Eskimo suffered from it's own popularity: everybody had a go at it!