stormin- storm the streets mixtape

S

simon silverdollar

anyone got this? i reckon it's massively disappointing. way too much third rate hip hop. quite rubbish production through out (bring back jammer!). stormin also comes across as a bit of a dick. laying into people's mums in a clash: not big.

but the disc that comes with it. lady fury's mixtape, is surprisingly excellent. some really moving tracks about her personal problems and it's got better productions than stormin's.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Yeah, it's pretty wack. 'Fakes' is fuckin awesome, just for sheer pummeling bass pressure. Best thing by a mile. A lot of the rest of it is not up to much. The pirate-style set is pretty good, though.

Not heard the Lady Fury disc.

Noah Baby Food

For me, it's a similar crack with that Bashy "UR Mum" mixtape. Bashy ain't a bad MC but the majority of it's US beats. Hey, I like a lot of these beats but c'mon... couple nice grime tunes on there but I got bored, must say.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Noah Baby Food said:
For me, it's a similar crack with that Bashy "UR Mum" mixtape. Bashy ain't a bad MC but the majority of it's US beats. Hey, I like a lot of these beats but c'mon... couple nice grime tunes on there but I got bored, must say.

Yeah, didn't think that much of Bashy's either, although it's better than Stormin's (because Bashy's a much better mc).

standard

Stormin is one of the most overrated mc's in the scene. His piss-poor lyrics about 'ya mum' or 'ya nan' are bars that should be spat by a 14 year old at a house party. Or not.

luka

hes got one of the best flows in the country. plus he's got some lyrics as well.

standard

I personally think his flow is extremely 'obvious' and some of his bars are just plain immature. I dont think he's progressed much since the begginings of Nasty, whereas others have gone on to better/deeper flows and content.

outraygeous

'your nannys annys fishy fanny'

stormings word play is below average but hes big.. he ruined trim on the 9 min slew. not with inteligence, but with relentless playground slewing. back in my skool days, mum cusses were the way to attack and stupid mum insults like 'your mum has hairy toenails' could leave a room in stiches and your opponent with nothing to say like the final battle in 8 mile.

'your nan/
i saw your nan
in genevas i saw your nan'

big bars

luka

obvious flows are a good thing when they're executed to perfection. its a kind of classicism. in hiphop think freddy foxx or oc or something. stormin's flow is flawless.

kano, dee, sharkie, hyper and him were an absolutely perfect combination. i love him but can't really imagine him being that captivating outside of nasty. would love to be proved wrong though.

standard

I agree that his flow is quite infectious in a momentary kind of way because its simplicity makes it fairly easy to learn without meaning to, but once you get past the initial appeal of his exectution you realise that there is hardly any content and to me became rapidly boring/irritating. He may be good as a hype man for Nasty as a team but to me he just doesn't cut it. I think the argument is similar for Drum n' Bass Mc's- there tongue-rolling is impeccable but the majority of lyrics are terrible, maybe concentrating too much on the delivery