Stamper Doctor

martin

----
Does anyone know what / who this is/was? I picked it up on CD ages ago for a couple of quid. The cover looks like an industrial album - some pic of an elderly black bloke in protective face mask and white overalls, making a 12" at a pressing plant. On the back, it's got a mirror image of his unmasked face, looking quite glum, it should be said. Apparently the artists include Mafia and Fluxy, it's a mix between old Tubby's style dub and a bit of digi-dub.

I've never heard of Stamper Doctor before. Is it just a slang term for 'dubplate cutter' and part of the record title? Was he a producer, remixer? Anyone know anything? All that's printed on the cover is 'STAMPER DOCTOR - Dub Zone', track listings and the address of a warehouse in West London

(PS- musically it's pretty good, nothing earth-shattering tho)

john eden

male pale and stale
Smart Monkey - When we were talking earlier you mentioned the new album that you have released.
Mike Brooks - 'Stamper Doctor - Dub Zone'. Well you have tracks on it like the Revolutionaries with Denis Brown again you can listen to it but I am not going to pick upon anything favourite. You have things like the track I did with Far-I ("Who have eyes to see ") the version, and "The money is not all." these tunes were all hits anyway. You get what I am saying? To me I have a next tune that I love that tune is from way back "Brotherman" You feel proud because that is a track back from the 60's. I sing a version over it , you get what I am saying? . The dub is wicked 'Lion Against Lion', this is the next wicked dub. But you have to choose, it's for the people to choose, its fe people to choose. I can't choose you understand. We have some nice tracks from Sly and Robbie, Mafia and Fluxie, every thing come together nice and that is how a dub LP is supposed to sound.

http://freeradicalsounds.com/mbrooks.htm