Fairlights, Mallets & Bamboo Vol. 2

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Missed this last year I guess so I got volume 1 up now. Love this kind of stuff, thanks!

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
What is the name of the track playing at 31 minutes? It's making me sad and it reminds me of the movies of Hiroshi Ishikawa.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Been really enjoying both of these. On a related note, I've always loved the incidental music in Akira, which IIRC would fit quite well in here. Anyone know who it's by and if it's available?

Trillhouse

I have to say I prefer his Music Interiors mix, it's definitely had more plays than the first F, M & B mix, but all his mixes on that site are worth a listen.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Been really enjoying both of these. On a related note, I've always loved the incidental music in Akira, which IIRC would fit quite well in here. Anyone know who it's by and if it's available?

It's by Geinoh Yamashirogumi - I've got an insane choral psych record by him. I'll have to play it to you sometime, it's crazy. I've only heard the soundtrack once (apart from watchings of the film) but I'd agree, it's fucking mental. Lots of clashing metal drums I seem to recall.

Volume 1 of this brings up some great memories for me - getting the train up to Glasgow and rolling along the coast, looking out at the cobalt blue sea, listening to wonderful Japanese maxi-minimalism.

yyaldrin: There's a full tracklisting on the site. I haven't sat down and worked out what's what yet - just letting it wash over me.

STN

sou'wester
Yeah tea I have the soundtrack to Akira on cd, will dig it out and find out who it's by...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's by Geinoh Yamashirogumi - I've got an insane choral psych record by him. I'll have to play it to you sometime, it's crazy. I've only heard the soundtrack once (apart from watchings of the film) but I'd agree, it's fucking mental. Lots of clashing metal drums I seem to recall.

Thanks Dan, and for the links too, very nice!

luka

Geinoh Yamashirogumi are defineitly next level. been on a binge today and everything ive herd has been stunning. japan has so many tunes.

bruno

est malade
Geinoh Yamashirogumi are defineitly next level. been on a binge today and everything ive herd has been stunning. japan has so many tunes.
i highly recommend osorezan / doh no kembai which was reissued last year, memorable (blood curdling) start followed by amon düül-ish improv plus balinese-style thing on the flip, incoherent but powerful stuff!

luka

Is that the one that starts with a scream? That's the first one I heard. It's incredible.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Prompted by this thread being bumped, I downloaded the Akira S/T last yesterday. Proper hair-raising stuff. I definitely need to check out more music by these guys.

Really wish I could make music like that but I guess it's the kind of thing you need a choir and lots of proper instruments for - an orchestra, even. That said, I dunno what equipment yyaldrin uses but some of his music reminded me of Akira. I think it was the crazy breathless singing/chanting.

bruno

est malade
yep, stellar record. i saw that on vinyl and thought it too expensive, now it goes for three times as much on discogs! crazy prices on all this stuff, unfortunately.