House & Bass 2014

continuum

smugpolice
Loving how this stuff is going in the charts. Heard a new Gorgon City track for the first time yesterday afternoon on Radio 1. Transported me back to 2:31.

NATO

I am aware of this, was attempting to set a precedent for what should be posted in this thread
Yes, fair enough.

New Ikin

https://soundcloud.com/martin-ikin/loves-enemy-preview

This has been destroying it so even though it was in the Jackin' thread, it should go in here too:

https://soundcloud.com/hybridtheory-1/distro-city-lights-hybrid-3

This one's mine, finished it i December. If anyone want's it, including lurkers, just send an email to naaahm8[at]gmail.com. Otherwise rip it to shreds at will.

https://soundcloud.com/nahm8/2much

datwun

Yo, I definitely wouldn't say the sound of jackin's dead! That's the funny thing, despite none of the major DJs using the name to describe themselves anymore I still think jackin as a sound remains remarkably coherent, with a big sonic gap between the likes of Lorenzo and Hybrid theory and the more 'bass house' stuff like My Nu Leng etc. whereby basically I like northern/midlands stuff and the southern stuff in the same ballpark leaves me cold.

Plus I definitely don't think this 'house & bass' thing should be encouraged, even if that's the direction things are going...

+ I would definitely stretch your golden years of jackin to include 2013, was an absolutely mental year for releases despite things slowing down in the second half.

But yeah, I do definitely see things moving in this direction, but I still think it kind of sucks...

datwun

Yeah no, you're right, like I think it's good for their to be a discussion of this stuff, and to the extent that house & bass refers to house music with bass in it, it's obviously where 100% of the action is in the UK at the moment.

Still, I guess what I don't like about it is that, despite it's claims to be playing anything good, it's all just music, that sort of vibe running through a lot of the discorse in DJs interviews etc, I'd actually say it obscures diversity rather than encourages it. That's why though I'll admit jackin's definitely loosing energy, I still prefer to discus it as its own scene with its own sound, its own conventions etc, rather than just group it in here, especially as, as a DJ and as a music fan, I'm actually trying to support jackin over and above other music classed as house & bass that I find very boring.

I suppose at the end of the day I like music in its specificity, its unique flavour rather than as this "it's all just music" thing. So like, I'd rather discuss that absolutely banging Flava D track in regards to its relationship to bassline, or say the Friend Within - Renegade Master anthem from last year in relation to speed garage, rather than in relation to absolutely all house music being made in the UK at the moment.

Edit: for what it's worth, I also definitely don't see deep tech amalgamating into this stuff. Interestingly from my conversations with Lorenzo and Mark Radford, they're both fairly uninterested in what the other's doing.

datwun

this obviously belongs here not the jackin thread doe
Nice bouncy vybez, love Katy B anyway some I'm predisposition to like it, even if it does demonstrate the lack of energy I see in this stuff verses jackin proper. Could see Benny B digging it on that poppy-vocal flex!

rubberdingyrapids

this is probably a pointless query as it depends on if you know jadakiss, but i heard a track on rinse a while back, which was a pretty tuff house tune, which to my surprise was broken up with a jadakiss vocal sample. there were a few like this actually, house tunes with hardcore rap samples for the hook. if anyone knows what they are, id love to know.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I reckon it could have been a Deep Tech tune (check the Shuffling House thread) - loads of those tunes use samples by rappers like Nas, Biggie et al

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I guess this is the best place to plug this mix that David M has done for my blog:

tumblr_mzvcanmPhU1qdubrdo1_1280.jpg

Devine UK - Serious Thugs
X5 Dubs - Makin Love
B15 - Girls Like Us (Agent X 2013 Mix)
Topsee & Preshus - The Riddim
Low Steppa - Dissolve
Dj Eastwood - Sometime
Dj Charmzy - Old Skool
Oliver Rees - We Attack
Alex Deamonds - Through
Nightshift - Made You Look (Hugo Massien Remix)
Distro - City Lights (Hybrid Theory Remix)
Tazer - Childs Play
Tom Garnett & Chris Lorenzo ft Tom Zanetti - P.A.R.T.Y.
RS4 - Walking On
Devine UK - If You Need
Rachel K Collier - Predictions (Dj S.K.T Remix)
Primrose Hill - Candy Rain (Black Ice Ents ‘Citrus’ Mix)
MC Kie- Dubplate Ting (What They Say)
Jack n Danny - Chemistry
Devine UK - Bun That House Down
Mr.Mageeka - Bracka t1o
Luke Burr - Inside You (Mark Radford & False ID Remix)
DJ Champion & Terror Danjah ft Elrae - The Way You Move
DevelopMENT - Last Night
Funkystepz & Lady Ice - Mr.Volvic
Jus Now Vs Kes - Check Your Body Parts
Stylo G - Badd (Friend Within Remix)
Scruffizer - Kick It (Marshall F Remix)
Preditah - Red Bull 2014
Ed Case feat Rony Blue - Tears I Cry
Gorgon City feat MNEK - Ready For Your Love

It's great!

continuum

smugpolice
I guess this is the best place to plug this mix that David M has done for my blog:

tumblr_mzvcanmPhU1qdubrdo1_1280.jpg

Devine UK - Serious Thugs
X5 Dubs - Makin Love
B15 - Girls Like Us (Agent X 2013 Mix)
Topsee & Preshus - The Riddim
Low Steppa - Dissolve
Dj Eastwood - Sometime
Dj Charmzy - Old Skool
Oliver Rees - We Attack
Alex Deamonds - Through
Nightshift - Made You Look (Hugo Massien Remix)
Distro - City Lights (Hybrid Theory Remix)
Tazer - Childs Play
Tom Garnett & Chris Lorenzo ft Tom Zanetti - P.A.R.T.Y.
RS4 - Walking On
Devine UK - If You Need
Rachel K Collier - Predictions (Dj S.K.T Remix)
Primrose Hill - Candy Rain (Black Ice Ents ‘Citrus’ Mix)
MC Kie- Dubplate Ting (What They Say)
Jack n Danny - Chemistry
Devine UK - Bun That House Down
Mr.Mageeka - Bracka t1o
Luke Burr - Inside You (Mark Radford & False ID Remix)
DJ Champion & Terror Danjah ft Elrae - The Way You Move
DevelopMENT - Last Night
Funkystepz & Lady Ice - Mr.Volvic
Jus Now Vs Kes - Check Your Body Parts
Stylo G - Badd (Friend Within Remix)
Scruffizer - Kick It (Marshall F Remix)
Preditah - Red Bull 2014
Ed Case feat Rony Blue - Tears I Cry
Gorgon City feat MNEK - Ready For Your Love

It's great!

Feeling that mix. Good hearing all different types of House mashed up together.