Hi Fi issues

I've got two common music related questions I reckon someone might here might have an answer for.

1. I've got an amplifier where the sound is partially broke in one channel, ie. music only plays fully out of one of the speakers speaker. I definitely know the speakers not to blame fault. I'm guessing this is a very common problem with old amps but I haven't found the correct phrase to google a solution. Is this the kind of thing that can't be fixed by ordinary electricians and/ or is just cheaper to just by a new amplifier? I have two with the exact same problem, both older than 20 years. I doubt there are any hi-fi repairmen (assuming they exist) within a hundred mile radius of my house unless the likes of Richer Sounds or Maplin do this kind of thing.

2. Is there an easy way to 'clean' wav files on MS Windows to make them ready for CD players. I've got the proper CDRs that are guaranteed to work on any audio CD player but with all the track title writing inbedded in the files it can cause issues with playback on real CD players.

benw

that is one of the funniest tumblrs ive read in a while...

some personal favourites:

“this is palpably the most muscular-sounding and exciting cable we’ve heard for a while”

“This is a fun, exuberant cable, and does its job with enthusiasm”

“One of the most accomplished and musical HDMI cables we’ve ever heard.”

“brings a real sense of drama to movie soundtracks”