ilm

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
With dissensus up and at 'em does anyone still visit ilm (it's like water torture IMHO) :eek:

jed_

it moves faster so yes, i do. also there are huge areas of music i am interested in that are unlikely to (perhaps ever) get sovered here, i think.

DavidD

can't be stopped
I definitely do. I also spend a lot of time perusing the archives, there's a lot of stuff of interest in those threads. The "Rough Guide" ones particularly.

robin

yeah those rough guide threads are really really good
still check ilm but even before dissensus i wasn't checking it as much as it used to,and i certainly don't post nearly as much as i used to

jed_

i check it most of all because i like the so-simple-it's-transparent interface. i find dissensus a little too difficult to look at :(

jed_ said:
i check it most of all because i like the so-simple-it's-transparent interface. i find dissensus a little too difficult to look at :(

i agree wholeheartedly. ILM's is a beautiful web interface. Simple, totally functional, easy on the eye! not-surprisingly, even the html is clean.

DavidD said:
I find this much easier on the eyes to be honest - blinding whiteness does no favors

he's to diversity! i quite literally cannot read dissensus. white letters on black background. that's atrrocious. ILM on the other hand ...

maybe this says more about or respective monitors than anything else!

xero

was minusone
white letters on a dark but not black background is so much easier on the eye for long term viewing. Some wordprocessors used to have an option to view as white text on dark blue for this reason. CAD software is usually light coloured lines on a dark background when you're drawing even though it prints in reverse. I think dissensus works pretty well although the simplicity of ilm is good for rapid access to stuff. I just wish apple would build a dark background option into itunes cos I seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at its interface

originaldrum

from start till done
man ilm is long

squinting away trying to remember what the thread is on about anyways,

it kind of reminds me of some remnant of the internet from time ago

windows BC perhaps

Woebot

echo-friendly said:
i quite literally cannot read dissensus. white letters on black background. that's atrrocious. ILM on the other hand ...
if you look at the bottom left of each and every page there is now an option to change the forum look to a plainer black on white. it's not going to win any design awards either.

a forum is only as good as the contributions to it. the whole ilm-vs-dissensus argument seems to be going precisely nowhere, so as long as no-one objects too vehemently, this thread will be locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.