@ blissblogger: The Post Punk Panel

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
I think I can speak for everyone not in London when I say, nay beg, for someone to arrange internet audio.

I realize you're probably not resonsible for the organization of the event, Simon, but maybe you could pull some strings?

Woebot

sorry the chef! i failed to record this BUT! BUT! i did take a photo for you:

from left to right: richard boon, gina burch, da blissblogger seen, paul morley, jon king.

daren

Chef Napalm said:
I think I can speak for everyone not in London when I say, nay beg, for someone to arrange internet audio.

I realize you're probably not resonsible for the organization of the event, Simon, but maybe you could pull some strings?

This would've been nice to hear. Maybe someone will put a bootleg of it online somewhere...

SMorlighem

Aaaaaaaahh ! To be sat near Gina Birch :)
Anybody who was there, tell us more !

ps : congrats for da Perversita, Matt !

S

simon silverdollar

SMorlighem said:
Aaaaaaaahh ! To be sat near Gina Birch :)
Anybody who was there, tell us more !

ps : congrats for da Perversita, Matt !

paul morley was funny.
simon r was lovely.
richard boon was a bit odd
gina birch was very unpretentious [whereas a lot of the talk revolved around the value of pretention] and nice.
that person out of gang of 4 told some good stories about back in the day.

a man stood behind me the whole time whispering that paul morley was a cunt and a traitor.

i got a bit annoyed when richard boon was saying that there wasn't a true underground anymore, cuz everything is out there and easily available,apparently. he should try buying wiley's 'firefly' 2 weeks after it's released, then.

with him , it strayed a little into the always awful territory of middle aged men complaining that it was much better in their day, but the other speakers weren't like that at all.

jack

yeah Richard Boon totally curmudgeonly. But I liked contrast between him on the end, pretty haggard, sinking pints and caning fags, and er 'mumsy' gina birch.

owen

I liked morley's comments, though he had a little dig at ABBA which irked me somewhat. but the best comment of the night really was Bat making a semi-speech about how postpunk had concrete political effects through RAR and so forth.

richard boon was rather miserly, was funny that he mentioned my best friend's band as the best thing he'd heard in the last 12 months. because they aren't very good...

was very exciting meeting some of the bloggerati as well- Mark K-Punk being so lovely was well, unexpected. Excellent hat as well.