Glasto

sufi

lala
So, the great Glastonbury thread 2005.

anybody worthwhile playing at all ??? :rolleyes:

anybody actually gonna go along (+ got yr ticket)????? :eek:

in fact, have anybody got anything good to say about glasto these days? i hear it's all about gated communities & middle class hippies, dreads & green wellies.... in fact, are the days of GLASTO LONG GONE ???
(er, if so er why are 100,000s coffing up £150 for tickets, eh?)

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
Whiley Crazy Titch J2 + Came ?

But i'm sure all the side stages will host some of the best acts anyway ..

S

simon silverdollar

i got a ticket, luckily.
it doesn't really matter who is playing at glastonbury. the main reason to go is the soundsystems dotted around the place, the nice people, the nice countryside, and the nice food.
the grey indie on the big stages is just a distraction.

egg

Dumpy's Rusty Nut
we/re goin

not excited by the lineup but looking forward to lost vagueness and meeting peeps from last year

and camping is GOOD!

what do you mean? theres loads of good acts....

coldplay (good), the killers, doves (yes man), the zutons, ash (good), keane (should be ok), razorlight, interpol (would like to see them), soulwax, thirteen senses, modey lemon, secret machines (HELL YEAH), rilo kiley, longcut, roots manuva, taj mahal, femi kuti, zap mama, tori amos, chemical bros, terri walker, genesis elijah just to name a few by quickly looking....

I wish I could go but can't afford it and wouldn't have any friends that would be willing so its crap tv and radio coverage for me....

Gerard

Perhaps those too poor or lazy to score a Glasto ticket would consider Priddy Folk Fayre as an alternative. It's in Somerset and enjoys a similarly relaxed "vibe" .

sufi

lala
ooo aar

ger: priddy folk fayre :eek:

woeb: as active caring members of the pilton community we shall be hiring said plot out to soft crusties for parking at a mere £50 for the weekend

c11012.jpg

(as ginuine somersetish desperados we shall flood said field on the sunday afternoon & said townies shall forfeit another £250 to get tractored out, my dears :D )