PDA

View Full Version : Ibogaine Trip Report

HMGovt
29-12-2014, 05:20 PM
This is a good read.

https://www.erowid.org/columns/teafaerie/

"One of the most mindboggling manifestations that I can remember started happening pretty close to the beginning of my trip. I was lying down under the covers waiting for this strange new drug to come on, right? And while I was waiting, I was playing with my smartphone. Only I never had my smartphone. It was actually upstairs in my backpack the entire time. It’s like I was dreaming that I had my phone, but it was a solid, heavy object in my hand, and its dim flickering light softly illuminated the interior of my little blanket fort. I was kind of nervous about what this crazy drug that I’d already ingested a couple of rounds of was actually going to feel like when it finally kicked in, so in order to comfort and distract myself I was looking through “My Pictures”, which was mysteriously populated with hundreds or perhaps even thousands of photo-realistic screenshots from my life. They were exquisitely curated. Here were all of the most pivotal moments in my personal history, and each thumbnail seemed like the best possible picture that could ever have been taken of that particular scene. Furthermore, they were displayed in chronological order, and I could find things that I was looking for by scrolling forward and backward in time. When I found a scene that I was interested in, I could click on its little icon and I would be instantaneously transported there. And it wasn’t all fuzzy around the edges, either. It felt exactly as substantial as I feel right now."

luka
29-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Sounds incredible would love to try this

HMGovt
30-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes, I'm going to go ahead and do it in Spring. I'm terribly flawed and hope to sort all that out and also come back with a compelling solution to the mind-body problem.

luka
30-12-2014, 05:06 PM
I spent most of the year doing dMt a few times a week but I'm still quite flawed. Good luck though

shiels
20-01-2015, 02:56 PM
she's a good writer

https://www.erowid.org/columns/teafaerie/2009/11/02/to-believe-or-not-to-believe/

another good article on this note
http://psychedelicfrontier.com/entities-plant-spirits-real-skeptics-guide-tripping/

droid
20-01-2015, 04:23 PM
lol. I fell asleep sitting up whilst reading the other day and dreamt that I was continuing to read, flicking pages, as I went, completely coherent too. Woke up a few minutes later wondering what happened to the missing pages.

HMGovt
20-01-2015, 05:07 PM
This Canadian dude took 1 gram a day for a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFE6xbfeqRo

Summary: it makes food and drink taste better, gives you control over your dreams and the ability to re-enter a dream after waking, analyse emotional surges, generally become more sorted. He seems grounded, given his chosen hobby.

Mr. Tea
20-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Some of the things I've read about this stuff make it sound like the end-of-game boss of weird drugs. The substance you try when blazing up a bowl of 60x salvia extract starts to feel a bit routine. Although I guess that's probably only at the very high end of the dose range.

Nomad would be all over this thread like a rash if she still posted here, I reckon...

owengriffiths
21-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Nomad would be all over this thread like a rash if she still posted here, I reckon...

<cough> errrm.... that 'man' in the video is nomad.

Mr. Tea
21-01-2015, 07:06 PM
<cough> errrm.... that 'man' in the video is nomad.

Just say no, kids!

Mr. Tea
23-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Does long-term use eventually turn your eyes completely blue and awaken latent powers of prescience in certain individuals, is what I want to know.

Slothrop
23-01-2015, 02:11 PM
I used to chuckle inwardly at the existence of a dubstep group called Run DMT.

But now I've found out that when they came up with that name there was already someone using it, but he's now calling himself Salvia Plath instead.

This makes me happy.

Mr. Tea
23-01-2015, 03:58 PM
I used to chuckle inwardly at the existence of a dubstep group called Run DMT.

But now I've found out that when they came up with that name there was already someone using it, but he's now calling himself Salvia Plath instead.

This makes me happy.

Haha! Move over, John Yage...

(yes I know it's not pronounced like that, but hey.)

luka
05-10-2016, 10:10 AM
We never got the hmg trip report. Still waiting

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 10:22 AM
We never got the hmg trip report. Still waiting

That's because he ascended to a higher plane and can't be doing with interacting with lowly meatsacks like us. He now spends his days communicating telepathically with the other Illuminated Masters, chatting with zhao about how techno was invented in Sudan 8,000 years ago and exchanging ancient PUA secrets with comelately on how to activate vagina-lasers.

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 10:34 AM
That's because he ascended to a higher plane and can't be doing with interacting with lowly meatsacks like us. He now spends his days communicating telepathically with the other Illuminated Masters, chatting with zhao about how techno was invented in Sudan 8,000 years ago and exchanging ancient PUA secrets with comelately on how to activate vagina-lasers.

I had a strong visionary and gnostic awakening regarding the type of people I'd likely find at an ibogaine retreat, and also the food.
Gone full keto and lifting weights instead.

luka
05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Tf is 'full keto'?

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Tf is 'full keto'?

It's nature's way of not eating breakfast. Your body's biochemistry flips modes when you remove carbohydrates, it starts burning fat, you lose weight and there may be a range of other benefits. You won't get diabetes. Research on whether it can also prevent cancer, dementia, ageing continues, though largely unfunded as there are no drugs to patent, just massive vested food interests to undermine.

Back on topic, there's absolutely no research at all, as far as I am aware, on how keto metabolism would affect the experience of tripping. I suspect it might if the brain is relying on a fundamentally different fuel.

luka
05-10-2016, 10:54 AM
How is the atkins diet a substitute for taking drugs?

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 11:07 AM
"Prevents ageing" - that's quite a claim!

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 11:08 AM
How is the atkins diet a substitute for taking drugs?

TBF, a single massive dose of heroin can be quite effective in preventing ageing, too, so they have that in common.

luka
05-10-2016, 11:13 AM
I could have taken one of the most fascinating mind expanding ethnogens on planet earth but instead I cut bread and pasta out my diet

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 11:30 AM
I could have taken one of the most fascinating mind expanding ethnogens on planet earth but instead I cut bread and pasta out my diet

You're ignoring the fact that he avoided spending several days cloistered away with a bunch of extremely earnest white people with dreadlocks. Overall it's probably for the best.

luka
05-10-2016, 11:35 AM
And now he can't eat cheese on toast

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 12:00 PM
"Prevents ageing" - that's quite a claim!

Autophagy, dude.
Also, ageing isn't inevitable, it's programmed. The wear and tear model is wrong. It seems possible to spoof the system in a variety of biochemical ways.

Life and health span can be prolonged by calorie limitation or by pharmacologic agents that mimic the effects of caloric restriction. Both starvation and the genetic inactivation of nutrient signaling converge on the induction of autophagy, a cytoplasmic recycling process that counteracts the age-associated accumulation of damaged organelles and proteins as it improves the metabolic fitness of cells. Here we review experimental findings indicating that inhibition of the major nutrient and growth-related signaling pathways as well as the upregulation of anti-aging pathways mediate life span extension via the induction of autophagy. Furthermore, we discuss mounting evidence suggesting that autophagy is not only necessary but, at least in some cases, also sufficient for increasing longevity.
Madeo et al, 2015 Journal of Clinical Investigation
https://www.jci.org/articles/view/73946

OR

"millions now living will never die. nor eat another cheese toastie."

Once I have effective immortality squared away I'll take another look at ibogaine in my retirement.

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
"millions now living will never die. nor eat another cheese toastie."

I know which side of that trade-off I'm on.

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 02:24 PM
I know which side of that trade-off I'm on.

I really don't miss the bread or pasta. Steak, eggs, cheese, dollops of cream, lamb more than make up for it.
That carbohydrate shit will put you in an early grave. I'm surprised how many people still don't know this.

Wake up wheatple!

But back to the original THRUST of this thread. I'll let you know how it goes next time I go psychonautical.

luka
05-10-2016, 02:31 PM
my grandmother ate carbs. lived till 93. i have no desire to live that long.

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 02:34 PM

My gran's 93 and she doesn't know what century it is.

HMG, you do know Robert Atkins died at 72, right?

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 02:39 PM

Everyone ate them. Trick is to live long and be healthy until the end, free of dementia, chronic circulatory, respiratory or neurological complaints.
People in the know are going to stop appreciably ageing and then dying. This will become apparent in the next few decades.
Basic adjustments to the national diet would eradicate type 2 diabetes, and that kills how many people each year? Devours how many £billions from the NHS budget? And that's before you get to things like high intensity interval training and resistance training. Small prices to pay for staying fit into old, old age.

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
My gran's 93 and she doesn't know what century it is.

HMG, you do know Robert Atkins died at 72, right?

From a blow to the head when he tripped and fell!
Anyway, ketogenic diet != atkins

luka
05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
just another in a long line of health fads. suprised a hardline rationalist like you would fall for it... youd be better off Fletcherizing

luka
05-10-2016, 02:45 PM
consider the evidence
“Squatting upon the floor of the room, without any perceptible effort he passed into the hollow of his hand the contents of the rectum,” wrote the anonymous writer’s physician in a letter printed in one of Fletcher’s books. “The excreta were in the form of nearly round balls,” and left no stain on the hand. “There was no more odour to it than there is to a hot biscuit.” So impressive, so clean, was the man’s residue that his physician was inspired to set it aside as a model to aspire to. Fletcher adds in a footnote that “similar [dried] specimens have been kept for five years without change,”

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 02:53 PM
WWIII is about a month from kicking off, so it's a displacement activity really. Everyone needs a hobby in this time of tribulation. Mine just happens to mean I'll be physiologically optimised for cannibalism.

luka
05-10-2016, 02:55 PM
that i can understand. in fact thats how ive read the unconscious motivations behind the boom in bodybuilding, fitness and steroid use among the young.

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 02:56 PM
that i can understand. in fact thats how ive read the unconscious motivations behind the boom in bodybuilding, fitness and steroid use among the young.

Totally agree with that reading.

luka
05-10-2016, 02:56 PM
although according to craner it will be WWV. (cold war-war against terror-future war)

HMGovt
05-10-2016, 02:59 PM
although according to craner it will be WWV. (cold war-war against terror-future war)

You'll know WWIII when you see it. Air raids, sunk fleets, confusion and blackouts. The term has potency that has never been matched by events, so Craner can wheel his gimcrack war back to the whorehouse.

luka
05-10-2016, 03:02 PM
yeah its one of the very stupidest things he beleives.

Mr. Tea
05-10-2016, 04:04 PM
consider the evidence
“Squatting upon the floor of the room, without any perceptible effort he passed into the hollow of his hand the contents of the rectum,” wrote the anonymous writer’s physician in a letter printed in one of Fletcher’s books. “The excreta were in the form of nearly round balls,” and left no stain on the hand. “There was no more odour to it than there is to a hot biscuit.” So impressive, so clean, was the man’s residue that his physician was inspired to set it aside as a model to aspire to. Fletcher adds in a footnote that “similar [dried] specimens have been kept for five years without change,”

The other day I saw a woman walking two dogs, and when one of them stopped and crouched, she stopped behind it and held out her hand to catch what came out of it.

She had one of those little sheets of plastic material over hand, but they're what, a handful of microns thick? Sorry, but no amount of companionship and loyalty can possibly be worth that.

So, er. Yeah. Ibogaine.

IdleRich
07-10-2016, 04:47 AM
When this thread began it meant nothing to me cos I'd never heard of Ibogaine. But now, the thread has reared its ugly head again and I know what that stuff is - at least I think I do. I'm pretty sure my friend had this as a thing to help him come off heroin - does that sound right? No-one has mentioned that use here but I'm pretty sure that that is what he had; he is kinda famous cos he's in a successful band and they wanted him straight and either the label or the manager or some rich and famous guy (last time he went to rehab it was paid for by a very very famous guy called Sean with a surname that sounds a bit like lemon) associated with the band paid for him to go to Mexico or somesuch and take Ibogaine and spend a couple of days in some retreat as a quick way to come off the smack.
My understanding is that it worked pretty well, he was clean for a while - then, admittedly, not clean, then clean again - but the point is that in the immediate short term it allowed him to come off the gear without any withdrawal effects (or perhaps it would be fairer to say relatively minor withdrawals for someone who had such a huge habit and then simply stopped) but, in a kind of psychic exchange, he had to spend a day or two tripping out. I seem to remember him saying that the trip was a very introspective one that made him think back over his whole life and kind of evaluate it. At the time I saw him loading up loads and loads of pictures of his childhood and teenage years to facebook, I didn't know then what was going on but speaking to him later when he told me about the whole rehab thing I realised that those pictures were obviously the outward manifestation of the lingering stages of the trip once he'd been allowed out of rehab and back on the internet.

IdleRich
07-10-2016, 04:48 AM
Actually, my girlfriend reckons that he was stuck in hippy-rehab tripping out on Ibogaine for more than two days, she suggests it may have been as long as two weeks.

IdleRich
07-10-2016, 04:54 AM
I should say that I have no idea how the Ibogaine was taken for this cure - whether it was swallowed or otherwise ingested solemnly as part of some shamanistic ceremony or if it was injected by a doctor in a more serious kind of medical way or whatever.

luka
07-10-2016, 09:33 AM
ibogaine is a west african thing but in the exotic circles your mates found himself in it could well be part of an exclusive rehab centre in mexico. what a strange world hes found himself in. they'll get him to do some sort of weird sacrifice soon to initiate him properly i guess.

Mr. Tea
07-10-2016, 12:19 PM
I've read of people having these incredible allegorical trips, meeting past and future versions of themselves, or encountering representations of different sides of their own personality, all kinds of crazy stuff.

droid
07-10-2016, 05:04 PM
ibogaine is a west african thing but in the exotic circles your mates found himself in it could well be part of an exclusive rehab centre in mexico. what a strange world hes found himself in. they'll get him to do some sort of weird sacrifice soon to initiate him properly i guess.

It's not exotic at all, the main use and exposure most people have to Ibo in the West is as a cure for heroin and other addictions.

luka
07-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Learn to read you dopey cunt!

Mr. Tea
07-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Learn to read you dopey cunt!

Careful now, or he'll extend his little cattle-prod thing and zap you on the bum like a naughty Ewok.

Mr. Tea
08-10-2016, 09:26 PM
And now he can't eat cheese on toast

Last year I started getting into making bread-and-butter pudding, with proper homemade custard. That shit be the bomb, yo. And I've recently made my first apple and blackberry crumble of the season.

The good Lord is welcome to take me at 70 as long as I've enjoyed myself on the way. Quality, not quantity - or at least, due consideration given to both.

HMGovt
10-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Last year I started getting into making bread-and-butter pudding, with proper homemade custard. That shit be the bomb, yo. And I've recently made my first apple and blackberry crumble of the season.

The good Lord is welcome to take me at 70 as long as I've enjoyed myself on the way. Quality, not quantity - or at least, due consideration given to both.

I don't think it's much of an issue until middle age as long as you're remotely sensible. I've a few years on you, I think, and was well on the way to becoming human foie gras.

PeteUM
11-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Thought Ibogaine was some Hunter S Thompson joke until the other night a friend of mine was telling me used it to beat heroin, 2nd time round at least. Said even doing the tester dose was an immediate pyschological cure. Claimed he had to forcefully reintroduce himself to nicotine, because he had no plans to quit smoking. Was talking about tripping for a month though :eek: He said he was pretty much stuck in his flat, and I asked him if he managed to eat OK. Told me he ate six times a day because he hadn't eaten for two years previous.

Mr. Tea
12-10-2016, 10:28 AM
It sure would suck to kick smack after a lengthy addiction and then die of heart failure from massive overeating.

Edit: sorry, that sounds callous. I hope your mate is doing OK and stays off the gear long term.

luka
12-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Claimed he had to forcefully reintroduce himself to nicotine, because he had no plans to quit smoking.

while this is obviosuly stupid beyond belief im sure its true cos the same thing happened to me after magic mushrooms when i was 21. i could feel those horrible things poisoning me. my whole body was rejecting it. but still sometimes you have to push yourself in life and eventually those feelings went away and i readjusted to the toxins

Mr. Tea
12-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Well that's just it. Surely the whole point of 'detoxing' is to have the pleasures of retoxing afterwards?

PeteUM
12-10-2016, 09:45 PM
It sure would suck to kick smack after a lengthy addiction and then die of heart failure from massive overeating.

Edit: sorry, that sounds callous. I hope your mate is doing OK and stays off the gear long term.

Yeah I think it's been a while. He did drink more than 2 bottles of red wine during the evening we were talking about this, and come to think of it he mentioned some ketamine action during the day :slanted:

IdleRich
12-10-2016, 10:49 PM
A guy from my football team told me how his work paid for a hypnotist to help people stop smoking. A load of his mates tried it and, much to their surprise and disappointment, it worked - they had to battle through their new found dislike and really persevere so that they could get back into smoking.

Mr. Tea
13-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Yes but was he an evil hypnotist?

https://youtu.be/rxiOfepOxe8

Corpsey
17-10-2016, 04:03 PM
My favourite hallucinogen is mushrooms.

I've only done that and acid, as far as psychedelics go. Acid was great but was sort of ruined by a drunken friend of mine making me laugh the whole time by rolling around on the floor.

I've tripped hard on ket and pills. On pills I have been able to see through solid surfaces and watch completely IRL looking things happening.