Boiler Room spotting: Powell

IdleRich

IdleRich
I go on other music boards - mainly those aimed at psychedelia and the like - and one of the things that's quite fun is when DJ Shadow or Andy Votel or whatever puts out a mix and the hive mind tries to ID the tracks one by one.
So, I enjoyed this set and I hardly recognise anything - I know it's the wrong sound for the vinylvulture guys so I thought I'd try it on you lot.
So, does anyone know any of these tunes?

As an aside, what do we reckon to Powell as a producer and dj? Personally, with his tracks, I've not been quite convinced so far - I like what he's trying to do but nothing I've heard has hit the spot for me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does something really good soon though. He's reaching for something I really like. And if he was dj-ing near me I'd definitely check it out. I like the stuff he's playing and it's a lot like what I'm playing at the moment I guess. In a way.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Though to be honest that set is a bit of a mess overall now I've listened to the whole thing. Lots of bits where a killer beat drops in and he fucks around with it and it gets worse - I'd like to know what the beats are though I suppose.