Music that sounds like this?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I often start threads like this I know. I guess it's something to do with the way I listen to music. If there is a sound I like I want to hear more things that sound like that. Can that sound be taken further? How so? Whereas a lot of people want to hear more by a band or know about what the guitar player did afterwards etc I'm not saying that either thing is better, I'm just musing out loud. Or in print. Anyway, I digress, I like this sound - kinda krautfunk perhaps although it's not really funky, I dunno, what else will I like?

Also Add n to X at times and Superbike etc by Fat Truckers. It's that grinding monotonous sound but used to rock instead of relax. Some of the tougher bits by Broadcast and Stereolab fit but not the weedier ones.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nice one - I know that second tune in fact but i 'd never thought of it as similar to the ones I'd mentioned. Fun how things work in music - because in my head one tune is a big techno twelve I don't associate it with a quirky little seven inch.
I'm pretty sure that tune above is nothing to do with apparat - at least that's what I've always thought, it's just a random seven I bought maybe ten or twelve years ago and know nothing about.

Alfons

Way of the future
That Apparat Organ Quartet track is sick btw. Any connection to the German Apparat (who I don't really rate)?

Just the name. Apparat Organ Quartet is an Icelandic organ quartet, lots of fun to see live if you get the chance. One of them, Jóhann Jóhannsson, makes lovely neo-classical / ambient stuff too.

Don't know about other similar music Im afraid, but to me its sounds like an italo / kraut hybrid maybe?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah certainly kraut influenced. Italo? Maybe.
Another one on the right lines

Also I have some sevens by a group that seem to be called Groop - but not the sixties band. Maybe I should try putting together a mix of this stuff.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The guy from Black Moth Super Rainbow does his own stuff under the name Tobacco which is really great. Silly synth-hop kinda stuff I guess you'd call it.