Post Hop

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Clouddead were awful though, though I'm prepared to be corrected. Who started this stuff nowadays though, was it Lil B?

rubberdingyrapids

i tuned out of lil b a long time ago. so not sure what his modern stuff is like or why its post-hop. young thug is sort of post-hop.

mistersloane

Wasn't Lil B the first internet drugged out thing? I'm asking a question not stating anything. I was asking where the genesis of all this fucking weird atonal singing tripped out shit from the internet was coming from, which is a line which now leads to Makonnen and Manga.

I'm not being antaginistical.

rubberdingyrapids

does this mean t pain is the starting point? (i know he wasnt that weird, but he def popularised the autotune thing, which led to young thug, which led to makonnen and rae sremmurd and so on). future, too.

mistersloane

does this mean t pain is the starting point? (i know he wasnt that weird, but he def popularised the autotune thing, which led to young thug, which led to makonnen and rae sremmurd and so on). future, too.

Was it T-Pain? I know what you mean, I never got the impression T-Pain spent most of his life on the internet, or did vast amount of drugs bar weed though. It's just having watched that Noisey Atlanta thing, the last episode, and I was thinking, where did it all come from? Was it Tricky?

trilliam

literally no correlation between lil b and them manga videos but why is he robbing castros saint thing

i like this direction he's going to would download a mixtape, he has lyrics and can easily be an "artist" rather than just try to be

back to my first point though what is post-hop?

what does it mean and who does it?

at first glance i thought it meant not talking about typical rap subjects, as if that would mean you've transcended/moved beyond rap and are now "Post hop" :rolleyes: , still i see young thugs name so maybe ive got it wrong, i want to believe im wrong tbh cause im getting serious hipster/elitist/internet music fan/new school rap listener vibes

trilliam

im thinking some weird mix of what ppl normally call alternative/underground hip hop (louis logic, blu) and this new internet hip hop kind of stuff (lil b, goth money)

but if young thug is involved i guess what ppl mean is biting everyones style into one accessible amorphous blob and passing it off as original cause it appeals to "everyone"

includes poor rap skills, poor "catchy" singing skills, questionable behaviors/subject matter and a strong internet presence and or following

trilliam

tf do manga and ilovemakkonen have to do with each other, literally i was ready to lol @ manga for trying to be a singer b4 i listened

CrowleyHead

I think it just means a really negative opinion of rap.

CLOUDEAD is rap. Lil' B is rap. Manga is Grime to my knowledge unless he's given up on that for rap (instead of giving up PERIOD which he should consider).

The idea that this is transcending hip-hop, like Rammellzee or Illogic or Saafir or the Blowed people or Divine Styler or Scaramanga or Torture or w/e didn't happen within the boundaries of rap...

trilliam

exactly

d name alone gives off that rap for people who dont like rap vibe, u got to d point alot quicker than me though

n im interested to hear manga rapping stil, never liked him too too much but them tunes on the first page are kinda hmmm so downloaded the mixtape

NOAT

Have people talked about Yung Lean on here before? I remember that pic of those guys cropping up in a thread mentioning 'chav chic'. He's fucking weird - like some of Yung gud's production though.