Name your price!

Numbers

As I find myself ever more browsing on Bandcamp, I wondered if it wouldn't be nice to have a Dissensus thread helping to separate the wheat from the chaff. So, here it is: post your best finds and must-listens!

Here are some to start with:

tags: autobus electronic house ambient chiado techno Portugal

tags: soundtrack New York

https://djpurpleimage.bandcamp.com/album/jeanette-mixtape
tags: world mixtape Los Angeles

tags: belgium brussels electronic ambient ambient electronic techno Brussels

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've been pointed to some good stuff on bandcamp but how do you search it? I know Dan sent me a search thing that was built for it but I've never used it and then I lost it. If you could search it easily it would be a great resource. And I've bought records direct from people on there, it seems that if you could search for styles you like and then buy direct from the ones you like then that really would be the utopian dream of an internet with no middle-people and money to the artists - the dream that never seemed to arrive somehow.

Leo

I've been pointed to some good stuff on bandcamp but how do you search it? I know Dan sent me a search thing that was built for it but I've never used it and then I lost it. If you could search it easily it would be a great resource. And I've bought records direct from people on there, it seems that if you could search for styles you like and then buy direct from the ones you like then that really would be the utopian dream of an internet with no middle-people and money to the artists - the dream that never seemed to arrive somehow.

yeah, and i imagine artists make an even greater percentage if they self-release on their own label and sell on bandcamp.

i've never understood the economics of, let's say, a $20 album. someone's making money, but who? what the retailer's cut? the distributor's cut? the label's cut? the pressing plant's cut? the artist's cut?

Numbers

Was it this one? Bandfinder

I agree that their search engine is lousy. On the plus side, it's an experience very akin to flipping through bargain bin, with the possibility of instant listening and downloading.