Mobb Deep and Hegel

griftert

Ahh, yes, absolute idealism finding its apogee in the works of a couple of has-been nineties pop stars is pretty apposite.

CrowleyHead

Hey, it wasn't sloane pulling S.R. style "ITS AMAZING HOW SOMEONE LIKE PRODIGY EMBODIES THIS SORT OF GANGSTER NIHILISM THAT MOREOVER RESEMBLES NIETZSCHE WOULD RATHER TAKE UP HEGEL" weirdness, give him a pat on the back.

droid

SR = Simon Reynolds

ITS AMAZING HOW SOMEONE LIKE PRODIGY who EMBODIES a SORT OF GANGSTER NIHILISM which RESEMBLES NIETZSCHE, is more interested in HEGEL

Is my translation fwiw.

luka

LookS like Problem Reaction Solution is what he's interested David icke talks about it,a lot

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
SR = Simon Reynolds

ITS AMAZING HOW SOMEONE LIKE PRODIGY who EMBODIES a SORT OF GANGSTER NIHILISM which RESEMBLES NIETZSCHE, is more interested in HEGEL

Is my translation fwiw.

So who WAS pulling that style weirdness? And does Sloane really deserve a pat on the back just for not doing it?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Hegel sounds a bit like ''Hey, Girl'', which I hope Prodigy capitalises upon.

I am actually interested in what his take on Hegel will be, especially as I had to read some of Hegel's writing once for a university course and found it almost impenetrably boring.

griftert

The Phenomenology is one of the best books ever. Takes a while to get used to the language but once you know your for-itself from your in-itself you're golden for a weirdo jaunt through time space and every subcategory of philosophical enquiry.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Thank you that was fun. You know when they say 'you could tell how popular a record was by the amount of fights that broke out in the club', do they mean, actual fights, or do they mean rucking, y'know, exuberant dancing?

CrowleyHead

Oh THEY MEAN FIGHTS.

Anecdotal knowledge from my father, but he'll testify that every MOP single pre-"Ante Up" was basically a willful request for dudes to smack each other up in rap shows. Unless it had a Jay-Z verse on it or something.