Songs you'd love to see performed on X Factor

Leo

this was a small local indie R&B/soul release from boston area circa 1980 that i always thought was a great unheard gem:

sadmanbarty

Didn't know how this thread would go, I was half expecting everyone to start posting GG Allin videos.

John Martyn- Just Now

A good tear jerker; the lyrics being pertinent to the struggles and the growth that the contestant has gone through.

John Martyn- Dancing

I could imagine a Stevi Ritchie type doing a less ethereal version of this, complete with 50's Americana costumes and set design. Simon would begrudgingly admit that it was a very good performance.

Leo

@sadmanbarty, i hope this thread does remain somewhat serious and not fill up with wacky covers.

i think this one could be a blast too, probably too rocking' but a good one for rousing the crowd.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QH2x5pARGdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As a seated solo acoustic ballad to start, with guitar being strummed, then slow fade up behind to a choir behind doing the 'ha ha has', pictures of the singer's mother and father projected on big screens left and right. Dancers holding telephones to their ears, pirouetting, who disappear and then reappear dressed as planes, zooming around the stage, a couple even taking off on wires and flying above the audience, as the final synth coda is performed by a large string section, person's real mother walks on stage at the 'So hold me,Mom, in your long arms.' refrain, singer and mother hug.