Recording the voice

luka

👋 hello friends I need to record my voice and edit and manipulate it for the psychedelic art movie 🎥 I'm making. What software do I need? Free would be best but I want it to be good quality too so maybe I can pay. What do I need?

nomos

Administrator
The mic and the space are the most important things. I've just been through this with students making podcasts. Phone recordings usually don't sound good enough to work with unless you're really careful and bit lucky. Laptop mic is worse. If you can borrow a decent USB mic or a digital recorder (like a Zoom) it can sound really good. And record in a room where sound doesn't bounce around too much. Furniture, rugs and bookcases help. A quilt hung on the wall if need be... Make sure to record and export to an uncompressed format (wav/aiff) and not mp3 because if you edit and re-save mp3s they progressively more crap. Audacity is good for most things.

luka

Oh, sounds more involved than I thought. Thank you for the information. I recorded a trial version with laptop mic in my natural speaking voice you can hear it herehttps://www.instagram.com/p/-4gRSJFBwy/

luka

Oh, sounds more involved than I thought. Thank you for the information. I recorded a trial version with laptop mic in my natural speaking voice you can hear it here

luka

Well it's recorded on a laptop mic, played through laptop speakers and recorded on a phone

nomos

Administrator
Will the horse be in your movie?

I like your Instagram, luka. Most people on there forget about the camera on the back of their phone so all you get is human heads. Yours has a few but it's mostly other things which is great.

luka

I'm very pleased you like it. Thank you. Here's one of craner himself One of Woebot and Jim Daze

luka

And k punk with a carrier bag full of lager
With ach! Leaning against a railing in the background

nomos

Administrator
Ha! Bloggers in the wild. I remember hearing you Woebot and k-punk on that Resonance doc years ago. Somehow no one sounded like I'd have expected.

Leo

is that the one where you were dancing around in a field of flowers and tall grass, very psychedelic? maybe I'm getting mixed up, that does seem very un-luka like.