BALDNESS in the ARTS

luka

apart from shakespeare who are the other great bald writers?

PICASSO is the most famous bald visual artist.

Bald film directors of note?

luka

hypothesis- Great Bald Men are more common in Politics than they are in the Arts

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Actually, it's interesting how many 20th Century Canonical White Male Literary Giants had strong hair. From Ezra Pound to Samuel Beckett. Maybe evidence of a hairist bias?

Henry James is about the only other baldy that I can think of.

jenks

thread death
Foucault, Ballard, Bellow was pretty bald, Ken Kesey - off the top of my head (sorry!)

woops

is not like other people
Surely Foucault was a skinhead rather than a bald man

A crâne rasée rather than a chauviste

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Hmm, I wonder who just started a thread titled 'BALDNESS in the ARTS'?", said no-one ever.

Burroughs was virtually bald in later life, wasn't he? Ditto Terry Pratchett, although it was almost invariably covered by a big hat.

Leo

news-graphics-2007-_641654a.jpg

ingmar bergman...although later in life, had a decent head of hair earlier in his career. i imagined woody allen would be bald by now, but he still has hair in all the photos i found.

King-Crimson-publicity-photo3-300x300.jpg

and tony levin

Leo

how about BALDNESS ON DISSENSUS!

not here, although do have a bit of a receding hairline.

craner

Beast of Burden
I will never be bald. Good genes. Hair is something to celebrate. Losing it is a tragedy that, unlike teeth, can't be avoided but can, in certain cases, be made into an advantage. But it's never a gain.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think beards are salvation for the bald

Rozay.png

Though hipsters might have ruined beards in recent years, the bald with a beard look is one of the best the modern gentleman can adopt IMO