The Fresh Records Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 134 2015
The Sam Records Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 135 2015
The Streetwise Records Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 136 2015
The P&P Records Soul/Disco Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 137 2015
The D.J. International Records Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 139 2015
The Underground Records Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 140 2015
The Trax Records Anthology ‎(3xCD, Comp) HURTXCD 141 2015

Leo

LOVE them, think I included a few on my "best of 2015" list here. I have the Underground, Trax, Sleeping Bag, and DJ International volumes, and will probably get a few others eventually. They all include some obvious selections that appear on numerous other comps but also some harder to find things. A very good, handy one-stop collection of a major 80s/90s dance label, also usually fairly inexpensive. Recommended.

Last edited:

Woebot

LOVE them, think I included a few on my "best of 2015" list here. I have the Underground, Trax, Sleeping Bag, and DJ International volumes, and will probably get a few others eventually. They all include some obvious selections that appear on numerous other comps but also some harder to find things. A very good, handy one-stop collection of a major 80s/90s dance label, also usually fairly inexpensive. Recommended.

thanks leo. like you i imagine i have a lot of the sleeping bag stuff on vinyl - but i'm still tempted by the comp. as for the others - gotta say i really like the idea of them! thanks feller.

have always believed in the label as the primary organising principle in music.

rubberdingyrapids

ive not got that P&P comp but def recommend investigating that label if you haven't already. dj spinna did a mix of P&P's catalogue that makes a great introduction. tough but urbane new york funk/disco.

Woebot

ive not got that P&P comp but def recommend investigating that label if you haven't already. dj spinna did a mix of P&P's catalogue that makes a great introduction. tough but urbane new york funk/disco.

thanks feller. i'll put that one at the top of the list.

Client Eastwood

I have the the Easy Street one. Sort of charts the rise from disco to electronic disco to early house/garage. Some really goods example of the use of dub effects on some of the tracks, dubbed out claps, drums and vocals.

for example Serious Intention - 'you don't know' amongst other Paul Simpson productions under various guises.

Had quite a few tracks that I hadn't heard on other compilations of this era.

Also worth checking out are the Harmless Acid Rain and Acid Thunder comps for early house and some techno.