Mac OS X Tiger.

Woebot

Anyone else had a muck around with this yet? It's lovely, if not ready for Pro work yet....

stelfox

Beast of Burden
it is great and looks jus gorgeous. not that i'll ever benefit from any of its gizmos and flidgets, as i only ever use my laptop for downloading, playing music, word processing and the odd bit of sound manipulation... am i right in saying that this requires a fuck-off computer to even run, though?

Woebot

stelfox said:
am i right in saying that this requires a fuck-off computer to even run, though?

no, its EXTREMELY nippy. has given my old mac at home (i have one for work which i schlepp around from job to job) a lease of life. apparently it'll even install on a G3.....

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
The reviews are saying that it actually makes both graphics and processing faster, which I could do with in Cubase. Familiarity has bred contempt and I'm beginning to see my Dual 1.8 as a tad slow -- which it really isn't. So I'm tempted.

However, I'd need to know that it wouldn't screw up my Office installation -- or rather the snooping tool that keeps it running :).

stelfox

Beast of Burden
if you need osx office, paul, i might know a man whose a friend of a friend who can help you out... ahem... cough... sideways glance etc