PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X Tiger.

Woebot
03-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Anyone else had a muck around with this yet? It's lovely, if not ready for Pro work yet....

stelfox
03-05-2005, 02:11 PM
it is great and looks jus gorgeous. not that i'll ever benefit from any of its gizmos and flidgets, as i only ever use my laptop for downloading, playing music, word processing and the odd bit of sound manipulation... am i right in saying that this requires a fuck-off computer to even run, though?

Woebot
04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
am i right in saying that this requires a fuck-off computer to even run, though?

no, its EXTREMELY nippy. has given my old mac at home (i have one for work which i schlepp around from job to job) a lease of life. apparently it'll even install on a G3.....

Grievous Angel
06-05-2005, 03:00 PM
The reviews are saying that it actually makes both graphics and processing faster, which I could do with in Cubase. Familiarity has bred contempt and I'm beginning to see my Dual 1.8 as a tad slow -- which it really isn't. So I'm tempted.

However, I'd need to know that it wouldn't screw up my Office installation -- or rather the snooping tool that keeps it running :-).

stelfox
06-05-2005, 04:04 PM
if you need osx office, paul, i might know a man whose a friend of a friend who can help you out... ahem... cough... sideways glance etc