Shockin Mixtape Vol 1 - Aftershock

originaldrum

from start till done
(not that it will surprise many round here) but i am feelin this mix, huge tunes and loads for eveyone (bearing in mind that one man trash is another mans treasure...)

anyone else feelin this ?

Woebot

havent picked this up yet.... looking forward to it.

the other day though when i saw the aftershock label "showcase" in stratford it was chockablocka useless singer-songwriters, ropey americanate r'n'b and faintly histrionic chanteuse. i was really disappointed. it seemed like the only decent thing td could field was the bruza....

standard

Yes, I am definately feeling the majority of this mixtape-Bruza's intro verses over JME's tune have been absolutely battered on my stereo. His voice sounds slightly toned down but so crisp and proffesh I can't actually get enough of it. Other numbers I like are the NDoubleA over Fire Hydrant remix and also the Ryder tune. I'm liking the sound of Royal and Krucial aswell, the first time i've heard Royal apart from on Risky Roads in Rhythm with Bruza and I def think there's potential. There is a bit too much wishy-washy rnb but only in certain parts and not enough to taint the mixtape in my opinon. Kano's track is pure quality as to be expected, the only bad point i caould begin to make is the annoying sound effects that run the whole way through the cd sometimes drowning out the tunes, but as Shizzle would say 'that's a minor' :)

originaldrum

from start till done
the mix does include some input from the rng flav which blackdown is right lose hair over, having said that though there is still enough hectic emcees n gunclaps for those with a more discerning palate

plus one of the best bruza lyrics doin the rounds

"bruzin comin at ya hits to ya lips so you losin dominate shit when i spit and i'm movin crowds
- and i'll knock you out"

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Heard about 30 minutes of it so far, and it's pretty good. Personally I don't rate Triple Threat or Crucial much, but the mixtape is pretty good so far!

this is some garage I actually wouldn't mind listening too lol.... I think Aftershock probably have the best production team at the mo'....

Clubberlang

This is really really good (or at least halfway through it's really really good.) One of the better grime mixtapes I've heard and nice-ly priced.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Anyone have a tracklist for this?

Got it from Rhythm Division and it only came as a cd in a jewel case with no tracklist.

Basically, I'd like to know the producers/beat names of a bunch of tracks. If anyone could help that would be great.

Anyways, the one's I'd like to know are track 3 (Napper), track 4 (Sway, I know it's Terror Danjah, but I can't remember what the beat's called), 6 (Ryder, sounds a bit like 'Ground Zero'), 8 (Shizzle), 12 (Jammer & Ears, sounds like a 'Frontline' remix), 17 (Bruza), and the last one (don't know the singer or who the beat's by).

(I also posted this on the Rinse board)

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Well, this is what I've figured out so far:

01. Bruza - Freestyle (JME - Staggering)
02. Mynasa & Charlene - Freestyle (Low Deep - Str8 Flush)
03. Napper - Freestyle
04. Sway - Download (Terror Danjah beat - not sure which one)
05. Lethal B & Fumin - Freestyle (Terror Danjah - Haunted)
06. Ryder - Freestyle (beat sounds like Wiley 'Ground Zero')
07. Triple Threat, Lady Fury, and Remerdee - Freestyle (Macabre Unit - Sense)
08. Shizzle & Mynasa - Freestyle
09. Shizzle, Demon & Napper - Freestyle (Davinche RMX - Make It Easy)
10. Jay-Z & Bruza - Dirt Off Your Shoulder (Magnum Force beat)
11. L-Man & Triple Threat - Freestyle (Wiley - Fire Hydrant)
12. Jammer & Ears - Freestyle (sounds like a 'Frontline' remix)
13. Royal - Freestyle (Wiley - Ice Cream Man)
14. Bruza & Triple Threat - Freestyle (DOK - Roadsweeper)
15. Baby Blue, Triple Threat & Bruza - Freestyle (Terror Danjah - Piano Madness)
16. Krucial - Freestyle (Terror Danjah - Radar)
17. Bruza - Freestyle
18. Bruza, Brazen, Triple Threat & Hyper - Freestyle (DVA production - not sure what it's called)
19. Shizzle - Freestyle (Punany Riddim)
20. Sadie Ama & Wiley - So Sure (Original & DJ Target RMX)
21. Kano - How We Livin
22. Terror Danjah feat. Triple Threat, Shizzle, Royal & Bruza - Life
23. Terror Danjah feat. El-Ray & Triple Threat - Tonight
24. Mehnaz feat. Triple Threat - What's Good About Love?
25. no clue

Maybe I should throw up some YSI's for the tracks I can't identify?

DJL

i'm joking
Krucial and Royal are big. There is more of their stuff to download on www.eskibeat.co.uk
Download the DJ Vadar mix with full Ruff Squad on mics aswell. There is also clips of four FT tracks on there. Big website that I haven't stopped downloading stuff off all weekend.