Good music Dissensians haven't heard

sadmanbarty

Can you recommend some good music, past or present, that you suspect a good portion of dissensians haven't heard?

luka

I saw Woebot yesterday and he recommended Elvis Presley and Gun and Roses. I haven't sat down and listened to either before and I'd be surprised if many people here have.

sadmanbarty

the psychology of rock is completely lost on luke, so can't imagine guns and roses (who distill it in its purest form) would make any sense to him whatsoever.

version

They're both wicked. This clip of Elvis is amazing. He's all bloated and fat, two massive Cokes on the piano, sweating buckets, but the voice is still there.

Last edited:

luka

Both the sort of thing that reminds you America is a foreign country. Very exotic and bizarre.

version

True, I don't know whether that's a Northern thing though. A lot of people from a lot of places love Elvis. Do people in the South not like him so much?

version

I liked Bolano's response when he was asked about Elvis.

M.M.: John Lennon, Lady Di or Elvis Presley?

R.B.: The Pogues. Or Suicide. Or Bob Dylan. Well, but let’s not be pretentious: Elvis forever. Elvis and his golden voice, with a sheriff’s badge, driving a Mustang and stuffing himself full of pills.

luka

True, I don't know whether that's a Northern thing though. A lot of people from a lot of places love Elvis. Do people in the South not like him so much?

I don't know tbh. I just picture northerners loving him. Having a picture of him hanging on the wall in the house or in a photo frame propped up on the telly or the mantelpiece

luka

I imagine a lot of Elvis impersonators would be from Wigan and places like that.

version

20ft. High on Blackpool promenade
Fake royalty second hand sequin facade
Limited face paint and dyed black quiff
Overweight and out of date
20ft. High on Blackpool promenade
Fake royalty second hand sequin facade
Limited face paint and dyed black quiff
Overweight and out of date
Oh well

American trilogy in lancashire pottery
American trilogy in lancashire pottery