FWD>> tonight ... DMZ saturday

Blackdown

nexKeysound
FWD>> tonight at Plastic People...

Jay Da Flex, Kode 9 and Hatcha's comeback set

DMZ saturday in Brixton...

Digital Mystikz, Loefah, Hatcha, Mark One Virus Syndicate, Horsepower, SLT Mob plus Pinch and D1's debuts

anyone repping? both nights have been heavy lately.

gumdrops

been listening to a lot of dubstep radio sessions lately, more than grime actually, but so far, havent been able to persuade anyone to venture down for a night of dark, murky, ominous dubstep. am definitely aiming to check it out though.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
anyone rolling back to north london afterwards?
Everyone is getting too old or away i know who might have gone?
Alternativley anyone know which buses go to central or fins park from there?
still up for it but don't want to spend sillly money on a taxi and that, and i don't know the buses well from there .

mms

sometimes
fuck me it was good, best night i've been too in maybe about 2 years.
everything forward often hasn't got , people dancing their arses off, plenty of girls, variation, energy and joy.
mala and loefah's set was the best dubstep set i've heard ever, truly amazing and the crowd knew it, mostly their own stuff i think, just a wide selection of dubplates spanning a range of styles, totally destroying the idea that croydon stuff is the grim in grime. Best moment was when out of no where mala dropped this lush deep house influenced dubplate, but the variation was so wide it was hard to pinpoint a best moment.
i left at half five and got an empty bus back into central london as the sun rose and the place looked clean and green, i felt like the character in k-punk's londonunderlondon radio play.

DJ-Distinction

mms said:
fuck me it was good, best night i've been too in maybe about 2 years.
everything forward often hasn't got , people dancing their arses off, plenty of girls, variation, energy and joy.
mala and loefah's set was the best dubstep set i've heard ever, truly amazing and the crowd knew it, mostly their own stuff i think, just a wide selection of dubplates spanning a range of styles, totally destroying the idea that croydon stuff is the grim in grime. Best moment was when out of no where mala dropped this lush deep house influenced dubplate, but the variation was so wide it was hard to pinpoint a best moment.
i left at half five and got an empty bus back into central london as the sun rose and the place looked clean and green, i felt like the character in k-punk's londonunderlondon radio play.

I will copy and paste what I said on dub.net coz Im too nackered to type it again.

The tune you are refering to is Digital Mystikz - Anti War Dub ::: BIG TUNE !

Just got home about an hour ago. What a journey!

That had to of been the best DMZ so far in my opinion. The music and performances of the DJs was second to none. The ratio of boys and girls is starting to even up nicely. They aint just standard girls either, there was quite a few healthy looking ladies in there all feeling the music. I was in my element in one hand a can of Red Stripe the other hand around a fit chicks waist with her grinding up and down me and then to top it all of I have Loefah and Mala mashing it up on the decks. What else could I possibly ask for!

Was a huge night and I cant wait for 2nd July where I have been given the privelage (Big up Loe and Mala!) to grace the turntables at this boundry breaking event. The line up is BIG!

Highlights of the night.

D1 and his mix involving the infamous Digital Mystikz tune "Neverland". the place went OFF!

That old asian dude who was skanking with one hand in the air all night. Plasticman got a photo taken with him, I cant wait to see that! Guy was a true souljah!

Digital Mystikz & Loefah the whole set was electric, totally unreal shiznit!

The girls in there skanking to Dubstep like there was no tommorow! Ave It !

That black dude with the locks who was doing some crazy dancing all night. Flinging himself on the floor throwing himself across the dancefloor. Apparently he said he doesnt like the music... He could of fooled me!

Seeing Skream running around the place absolutely off his nut. "Chef Brav I Cornt Go Ome, Iym Absolutely Chorged Mate!". Guy had me in stiches.

There is proberly loads more but Im not in the right frame of mind to remember them right now!

Big up Loefah, Mala, Coki, Distance, Prior, Lohan, Engine Room, Apple Blim, Necta Selecta, Skream, Youngsta, Sstutter, Phoze, Matt Howes, Martin Clark, Pinch, Tim, SLT Mob, Cogent, Infinite, Plasticman, That Blonde Chick, Chef, Cyrus and anyone I spoke to who I may of missed off!

BIG IT UP!

SEE YOU ALL 2ND JULY !

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
DJ-Distinction said:
I will copy and paste what I said on dub.net coz Im too nackered to type it again.

The tune you are refering to is Digital Mystikz - Anti War Dub ::: BIG TUNE !

Just got home about an hour ago. What a journey!

That had to of been the best DMZ so far in my opinion. The music and performances of the DJs was second to none. The ratio of boys and girls is starting to even up nicely. They aint just standard girls either, there was quite a few healthy looking ladies in there all feeling the music. I was in my element in one hand a can of Red Stripe the other hand around a fit chicks waist with her grinding up and down me and then to top it all of I have Loefah and Mala mashing it up on the decks. What else could I possibly ask for!

Was a huge night and I cant wait for 2nd July where I have been given the privelage (Big up Loe and Mala!) to grace the turntables at this boundry breaking event. The line up is BIG!

Highlights of the night.

D1 and his mix involving the infamous Digital Mystikz tune "Neverland". the place went OFF!

That old asian dude who was skanking with one hand in the air all night. Plasticman got a photo taken with him, I cant wait to see that! Guy was a true souljah!

Digital Mystikz & Loefah the whole set was electric, totally unreal shiznit!

The girls in there skanking to Dubstep like there was no tommorow! Ave It !

That black dude with the locks who was doing some crazy dancing all night. Flinging himself on the floor throwing himself across the dancefloor. Apparently he said he doesnt like the music... He could of fooled me!

Seeing Skream running around the place absolutely off his nut. "Chef Brav I Cornt Go Ome, Iym Absolutely Chorged Mate!". Guy had me in stiches.

There is proberly loads more but Im not in the right frame of mind to remember them right now!

Big up Loefah, Mala, Coki, Distance, Prior, Lohan, Engine Room, Apple Blim, Necta Selecta, Skream, Youngsta, Sstutter, Phoze, Matt Howes, Martin Clark, Pinch, Tim, SLT Mob, Cogent, Infinite, Plasticman, That Blonde Chick, Chef, Cyrus and anyone I spoke to who I may of missed off!

BIG IT UP!

SEE YOU ALL 2ND JULY !

d1's set was ace and that mix killed it for sure, hatcha's earth flattening set alll slowly into the vortex and space set it up nicely for loefah and mala.
that fucking high kicking guy was a total maniac! only in brixton.
looking forward to the next one.