Kate Tempest, Sleaford Mods, Modern Toss, Brexit and the 2011 riots

richwill

Yello

I'm new here and I'm very impressed, it's like the very best days of ILM/ILE. I'd like to post something I recently wrote about music and politics. I know on some forums posting links to blogs is dicey, as it's seen as bad form, but it's not like I'm selling saucepans or anything. Actually come to think of it there is a market near me on Sunday, so I could...if you're interested click on the contact page. In the meantime, here's the article. I'm genuinely interested to know what people here think: http://wp.me/p86l64-214 Rich

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Cool, just dipped in, will have a proper look later. I fucking love Modern Toss btw.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Their big compendium book is my favourite possession by far. We had a baby a few weeks ago, she's number 2.

Even that sounds a bit like a MT gag in itself. :)

MT32_1024x1024.jpg

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
listening to Kate Tempest now. she's coming to my town (Philadelphia) in a couple weeks.

funny, i just revisited the first Streets album after a Sleaford Mods interview referenced it as an influence. i had not listened to it in a while, i understand it is celebrating a 15th anniversary. holds up all right, i guess.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think the compassion in Sleaford Mods is implicit rather than explicit, but it's definitely there.

It manifests essentially as solidarity with people who have to put up with the shit (including shit people) which is being described. This should be pretty obvious if you see them live.