SLK "Hype!Hype!" (DJ Wonder rmx)

believekevin

This track has been growing increasingly on me. It's like a trainwreck of grime conventions. Weird vocal stabs, sublow bass, handclaps..

Anyone else into this track?

originaldrum

from start till done
yeah i'm into it, funny thing is when this tune turned up at the shops it was filed in the house section due to some bozo rmx that went totally over my head

dev79

i been sweatin this track for a minute. it's def grown on me quite a bit since the first couple times i heard it, i wasn't so up on it at first, but i really think it's hot now.

gumdrops

dj wonder is one of the best producers ANYWHERE right now. i wish there was an instrumental to this refix.

S

simon silverdollar

gumdrops said:
dj wonder is one of the best producers ANYWHERE right now. i wish there was an instrumental to this refix.

have you heard his new twelve tho? i#ve only heard the clips on rhythm division website, but they don't sound that interesting: kind of rehashes of 'what'.

C

captain easychord

simon silverdollar said:
have you heard his new twelve tho? i#ve only heard the clips on rhythm division website, but they don't sound that interesting: kind of rehashes of 'what'.

agreed, not that hot. lacking in energy.

gumdrops

simon silverdollar said:

thats a shame, but if theyre good, mildly interesting/different reshashes i dont mind so much (i still love what to death). i suppose even wonder isnt that different from grime producers like dexplicit (or indeed dance producers in general?) who milk each style to its death. even terror danjah has done this to an extent. wonder's beat for the thoroughly mediocre/overhyped UKHH rapper sway is great though.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Ah, I like Sway. I thought 'This is My Promo' was really good. Way more fun to listen to than almost any other UKHH I've heard. At least he has a sense of humor!

hint

party record with a siren
Pearsall said:
Ah, I like Sway. I thought 'This is My Promo' was really good. Way more fun to listen to than almost any other UKHH I've heard. At least he has a sense of humor!

I agree completely

sway is an extremely talented and interesting MC and he's definitely a breath of fresh air in the scene, not least because of his sense of humour. I'm not a fan of everything on his two promos by any means, but I admire his determination to keep switching styles and flows and his lyrics are always a cut above, even when the flow and beat aren't.