Lil Jon - Get Low (Dizzee Rascal Remix)

gumdrops

TVT must be gutted the Crunk Juice album isnt selling that well in the Uk, which is why theyre re-releasing this about two years after it first came out. Anyway, sadly, its not a remix from Dizzee in the sense of him rejigging the music, hes just doing a verse at the end. The thing is, this might be the most hip-hop he's ever tried to sound, all the lines are very neat, perfectly formed, he never runs over the bar or goes double time, its like hes really trying his hardest to sound like a 'proper' rapper. It's cool to hear, I just hope that with Kano's Remember Me basically a twist of the beat from Ludacris' Roll Out, the Roll Deep album, artists like Lady Sov basically making hip-hop tunes, and Ruff Squad doing a lot more midtempo songs, all this emphasis on 'being versatile' doesnt mean all MCs start making more typical hip-hop sounding tunes to get in the charts. i was expecting kano's reload it to be all jungle-ish, but the version i heard yesterday sounds pretty minimalist and hip-hop like.

i suspect this has already been discussed on some level on this board though.

gumdrops said:
TVT must be gutted the Crunk Juice album isnt selling that well in the Uk, which is why theyre re-releasing this about two years after it first came out. Anyway, sadly, its not a remix from Dizzee in the sense of him rejigging the music, hes just doing a verse at the end. The thing is, this might be the most hip-hop he's ever tried to sound, all the lines are very neat, perfectly formed, he never runs over the bar or goes double time, its like hes really trying his hardest to sound like a 'proper' rapper. It's cool to hear, I just hope that with Kano's Remember Me basically a twist of the beat from Ludacris' Roll Out, the Roll Deep album, artists like Lady Sov basically making hip-hop tunes, and Ruff Squad doing a lot more midtempo songs, all this emphasis on 'being versatile' doesnt mean all MCs start making more typical hip-hop sounding tunes to get in the charts. i was expecting kano's reload it to be all jungle-ish, but the version i heard yesterday sounds pretty minimalist and hip-hop like.

i suspect this has already been discussed on some level on this board though.

sorry to say this but *ahem* GUMDROPS THIS IS BOUND TO HAPPEN. GARAGE/GRIME IS A SPINOFF OF U.S HIP-HOP.

I'll continue if you respond.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
Logan Sama said:
No, it's a spin off from Garage and Jungle, with parts of Dancehall and Hip Hop.

Exactly. The natural direction for gime to move is in a more hip hop oriented...direction. The parallels increase everyday. I'm just hoping artists aren't devoting all their efforts into trying the blur the lines for stateside acceptance.