Kano Reveals Details of Debut LP (pitchfork swipe)

Rising grime star Kano is set to drop his debut album, Home Sweet Home, June 20 on 679 Recordings. Kano has come to fame through a few singles as well as a number of appearances on Vice's Run the Road and various mixtapes. The single "Typical Me" was released in the UK in February, and a new single, "Remember Me", will be released on June 13. A non-album track, "We Have a Problem", as well as a freestyle, are available on Kano's official site. The album has a number of guest artists and producers, including Mikey J, Diplo, Terror Danjah, D Double E, and Fraser T. Smith. Home Sweet Home will be available in three formats: CD, limited edition CD/DVD, and triple vinyl. The release dates are for the UK only, as no U.S. dates have been made available at this time. Cuts:

01 Home Sweet Home
02 Ghetto Kid
03 P's & Q's
04 Reload It
05 Typical Me
06 Mic Check
07 Sometimes
08 9 to 5
09 Brown Eyes
10 Remember Me
11 I Don't Know Why
12 How We Livin'
13 Nobody Don't Dance No More
14 Signs in Life

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-05/10.shtml

don_quixote

Trent End
this or mia will win the mercury prize i reckon.

not that the mercury prize matters, i just think it's fun to predict what theyll buzz over this year.

it'll probably end up being bloc party though

don_quixote said:
this or mia will win the mercury prize i reckon.

not that the mercury prize matters, i just think it's fun to predict what theyll buzz over this year.

it'll probably end up being bloc party though

Im almost 100% its gonna be M.I.A

Bloc Party might swing it on account of the African lead singer but ima go with M.I.A unless anyone 'cooler' arrives....

So Stelfox, the promo's are out I guess? Have they been watermarked?

SMorlighem

Folks, this is it : I managed to get a 3-page paper for Chronicart, the french cultural magazine I work for a little bit (reviews mainly, did 'Run The Road') about GRIME !
It's out June 20th, I have a big couple of weeks to write it, and desperately searching for both Kano & Roll Deep promo cd stuff ; sent e-mails to 679 & Roll Deep website, hope things'll come, but if you have tips to get'em a way or another, I'm in (mail me.
Many thanks in advance!!!
What other next big Grime releases to come soon ? Now ?

boy better know

I'm Serious
Tactics said:
. The album has a number of guest artists and producers, including Mikey J, Diplo, Terror Danjah, D Double E, and Fraser T. Smith.

D Double, eh? Wonder if this could be confirmation that Kano's left NASTY. I don't think Marcus Nasty would be too happy to have DEE featured on the first album from any member of his crew.

And yeah, I think M.I.A. will beat Kano to the Mercury (Unless Roll Deep spring a surprise)

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
boy better know said:
D Double, eh? Wonder if this could be confirmation that Kano's left NASTY. I don't think Marcus Nasty would be too happy to have DEE featured on the first album from any member of his crew.

Kano, Ghetto and Demon all left about a month ago.

outraygeous

demons from east co, not sure where he stands with that crew.
im looking forward to kanos album. alot actually..

bloc party will win the mmp and roll deep might get a snif, but i feel there album is gona be dissapointing.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
outraygeous said:
demons from east co, not sure where he stands with that crew.
im looking forward to kanos album. alot actually..

Demon left East Co for Nasty, was in Nasty for a little while, then left last month to carry Kano's weed.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Just got a promo of this in the mail today. It's sounding absolutely great actually, much better than I thought it might. It has "Boys Love Girls" as a bonus track, at least on this promo.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
"I Don't Know Why" samples Black Sabbath doesn't it? Yesterday, he was mentioned on GMTV. They compared Akala and Kano, which is pretty woolly of course, but still it's quite cool. They should have a big grime exclusive everymorning, live from East London.

gumdrops

he's in hip hop connection this month - two page Q&A, he says 'there is no big deal between him and NASTY' and talks about going clubbing at the nightclub faces in ilford!