Youngsta and Loefah on Rinse 12/5/05 - check this out

joenice

Miriam Gonzalez lover....
Appleblim !!!!! what's happenin man ?

this was a huge huge set....no question about it ..

DJ PIMP

This second wave dubstep shit really knocks me out. Its so deep and buzzy. Takes me somewhere else.

Its like trippy zen tech-dub.

Or something.

This is rocking iTunes whilst I type - welcome to the next level!!!!

Is anyone hosting the DJ Distance set? It's a nice contrasting vibe. I'll host it myself unless there's any objections?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Fucking amazing set, definitely in my top 3 of the year. Just rocks my world.

I don't suppose anyone's done a tracklisting?

Circus Lupus

Circus Of Wolves
One word: Deadliness!

Man, this stuff just lights up my brain like nothing before. This music is as heavy as the times. With an oil hegemony spending billions via darpa to make a terminator style dystopia a permanent reality, is anything but dubstep even remotely relevant?

DJL

i'm joking
Circus Lupus said:
One word: Deadliness!

Man, this stuff just lights up my brain like nothing before. This music is as heavy as the times. With an oil hegemony spending billions via darpa to make a terminator style dystopia a permanent reality, is anything but dubstep even remotely relevant?

There is definitely something about this music.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
well y'see all this talk about dystopia etc its a bit of a dead end
- although i like this mix, its all a bit like that .
personally i think the music is getting more exciting now the vibe is changing a bit and stepping up pace in places , or directly emotive, stuff like kode9s kingstown with a big melody line, mala's 'for paris' and 'anti war dub' and some of the bits that coki dropped at the last dmz that hold a definite warm housey theo parrish meme.
or some of d1's more perfumed sakamotoesque melodies all combine to give over something that's not just some sound of dystopia. that's quite boring for me, it shouldn't all be about some crushing darkness, i mean some of the most memorable tracks on this mix - like monsoon and late night request aren't dark at all,monssons totally orientalist sensuality and late night request line is nocturnal braindancing .

i think the most important track for that more dystopian vibe on that mix is 'goat stare' with the sample from scanners that is almost a warning about the bassline, it talks about 'the effects of the scanning, stomach pain etc, then this line comes in that on a good system does 'scan ' your entire body. Can't wait for that to come out - it's a loefah tune.

Last edited:

appleblim

you don't have long to wait marcus!

DMZ006 = loefah: 'goat stare' & 'root'

out soon!

2 utterly essential future bass classics......

miss at your peril.....'goat stare' on a large system has to be experienced!

and don't forget DMZ on NOv 5th! i know you'll be there mms!