Crap music

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I wanted to post this example of something crap somewhere, so why not a thread of crap? (N.B. not stepping on thirdform's thread's toes here cos you don't have to like this stuff)

Just love how Master P is doing a fifth-rate 2pac impersonation here.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

martin

----
Objectively, I think THEE crappest album of ALL TIME is a compilation from 1983 called 'Directions'.

WMFU has already ripped the piss out of this online, but it's impossible to overstate how bad it is. Amid all the hip '80s new wave reclamation projects, this is like discovering a clumsily buried, rotting, rancid corpse that reminds you how bad the early years of that decade really were.

S Pizzo's joyless, leaden 'disco' song "Dance All Night Long" (complete with vocals that sound way too old for his teenybopper target) particularly stands out, as does terrible, smug poetry recited over a cheap Bontempi... fake Casio psychedelia with all the colour drained out, replaced by infantile gibberish about buttercups being murdered by "the nasty mower man"...and some of the most retarded, sexist, cringeworthy "heavy rock" ever committed to vinyl. Oh, and a protest song about abbatoirs that sounds like one of those old 'Pebble Mill At One' jazz-rock bands, but even worse.

The label, 101 Records, was basically a pay-to-play venture that released several double LPs in this vein, promising desperate musicians exposure and cramming in as many tracks as possible with seemingly zero quality control - and presumably raking in the profits months before the stampers got pressed. Also, obscure and irrelevant fact - a guitarist in one of the post-punk bands on this (trying to be a bit Joy Division-y) was a friend of the family who used to babysit me around '80/'81 (said individual and his OAP dad once chased off a bunch of NF thugs with an iron bar and a broken bottle- he had quite a hot punk girlfriend, I recall) (the guitarist, not the dad) so I'm a bit biased towards that track. A BIT.

Also, to put the cherry on the whole, miserable shitcake, the cover art is stunningly awful.

Leo

R-2317993-1457287357-3283.jpeg.jpg

also, it's WFMU.

DLaurent

Jennie Evans according to discogs 'did mainly backing vocals for studio productions in and around London in the 1980s and 1990s' and sung the 80s soul hit Sahara - Love So Fine.

The video probably makes it especially crap.

luka

Just heard one of the worst songs I've ever heard it was disgusting, it fouled the air

Common Ground
Song by Frank Turner
LYRICS
If it were just the best of us
Against the rest of us
It wouldn’t even be an argument at all
It would be a victory or
A Spanish Civil War
But I’m really not so sure that is the way it is at all
If we are to find a way to live
Then we need to build ourselves a bridge
And if we were to build ourselves that bridge
We could meet in the middle and forgive
If all we are is dust to dust
Then in the end what’s left of us
Are the traces of the way we treat the ones we meet
And the ones who trouble us
The greatest test of us
Seems to me to be the way we disagree
If we are to find a way to live
Then we need to build ourselves a bridge
And if we were to build ourselves that bridge
We could meet in the middle and forgive
Let’s meet on the bridge and forgive
If there’s hope to be found
We will find it in our common ground
And if that ground is to be reached
There are walls around us to be breached
And if that breach can be made
Drag the others through don’t be afraid
Or let our differences drag us down
I believe we’ll find our common ground
I want us to find a way to live
Roll up your sleeves let’s build a bridge
I want us to find a way to live
Let’s meet on the bridge and forgive (common ground)
Let’s meet on the bridge and forgive (common ground)
Songwriters: Frank Turner
Common Ground lyrics © BMG Rights Management

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
There's so much crap music, where do we even start, right?

I want to narrow this down. I was going to start a new thread on this topic but no one wants that, so here it is:

"What is the worst possible song to get stuck in your head?"

I used to think it was McCartney's "A Wonderful Christmas Time," which makes me want to jam a fucking fork in my eye.

But now I'm thinking it might be Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road." This isn't a bad song by any means, but it is relentless. It never gives up. The first time I heard it was a few weeks ago and it has been on repeat ever since. That and "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone", which pops in from time to time for no apparent reason, like a stray cat. They went to the same place you did apparently, singer of "Where Have All the Cowboy's Gone" (name escapes me, don't care enough to look it up), into the nether region, never to be heard from again.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's a crap western pop song doing the rounds on Cypriot radio "ooh she's hot but a little bit psycho". Very dangerous to hear it more than once, it begins to get lodged in your mind like toffee in your teeth