n-joi -- where were they from?

dominic

Beast of Burden
from new york?

or manchester?

or some third place?

i.e., they initially sounded like they were from new york ("anthem")

then they soon began to sound as though they were from manchester

but if you look at their photos, they look like wealthy nyc club kids circa 1990 -- certainly not mancunian

and yet they are more closely associated w/ manchester than any other city

anyone here know the truth about these people?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
definitely essex, i seem to remember basildon or colchester. i don't think they had anything to do with manchester, really, other than their live in manchester thing on deconstruction records

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
3underscore said:
I still find it somewhat bizarre that Saffron went on to front Republica.

it was sort of techno rock wasn't it, she looked a wee bit cyber goth, she wasnt very bright from what i remember.

Randy Watson

I think it was either Southend or Braintree. I remember seeing one of them around in Southend a bit in the late eighties.

appleblim

romford/basildon mate

i saw them at my first ever rave! Hypnosis '92, cornwall!

i usled to LOVE em..... i still think 'techno gangsters', 'manic' and all the adrenalin ep are wicked.....

they lived over the road from a mate of mine, and as far as i know shades of rhythm were mates/meoghbours too....

both these groups had some BIG underground tunes, as well as chart hits.......top rave pop!

Jim Daze

Yeah they ruled in Essex early ninties ravers, saw them in some club that was really good for a breif while called 2 2's about when they did Adrenalin e.p (I think), people like Frankie Bones, Joey Beltram and Colin Favour used to dj there too, it was in the middle of nowwhere in Essex near Colchester.