Black Secret Technology

version

"And the one thing they all have in common is that to me they sound like a copy of something. Req - it isn't hip hop. You could never play a track off Black Secret Technology in a club at the time. It sounded tiny, it sounded like it was recorded in a matchbox, compared to the ferocity of Dillinja or something."

It's got something, hasn't it? There's this wispy, ethereal quality to it, like looking at jungle through a keyhole or a misted window, you can make out what's on the other side but it's obscured and thin and slightly off.

firefinga

I never got around to buy it - when it was released it was rare as hen's teeth and there were no online-stores yet. If I remember correctly there was a rerelease 2, 3 years later with better mastering and a slightly different playlist. I remember though reviews lamenting the sound quality of the initial release.

craner

Beast of Burden
The pre-BST 12"s all sound amazing but the CD was really badly mixed wasn't it? Didn't sound right at all - that is, it sounded like it should sound amazing but was underwhelming somehow.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'll try and get it for the car. I was listening to Hard Leaders 3 on the way home today which is how I ended up posting that 'Drug Me' track on the sick and insane sonics thread. Mostly when I post songs here it's because I've been playing them on my commute home from Swansea and they sounded amazing for a minute.

version

I'll try and get it for the car. I was listening to Hard Leaders 3 on the way home today which is how I ended up posting that 'Drug Me' track on the sick and insane sonics thread. Mostly when I post songs here it's because I've been playing them on my commute home from Swansea and they sounded amazing for a minute.

If you pick up the CD, make sure it's from 2008 at the earliest. That was the first issue of the remaster.

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah, that's the trick, isn't it? I tried this before but it's not as easy as it should be (I am purely physical media, CDs, records, DVD, blu-ray, useless at sorting out technology)

version

Yeah, that's the trick, isn't it? I tried this before but it's not as easy as it should be (I am purely physical media, CDs, records, DVD, blu-ray, useless at sorting out black secret technology)

Last edited: