nick kilroy

mms

sometimes
anyone seen the the new vice with a thing nick wrote about drugs and a pic of him in it?
very strange
someone had a copy of it at work.

boy better know

I'm Serious
i saw that today. i remembered his name being mentioned on here, so i assumed someone would post about it.

suppose it's a pretty good warning against getting into drugs.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
boy better know said:
suppose it's a pretty good warning against getting into drugs.

yeh, it would be hard to think of a more eloquent one. What an irresponsible bunch of cunts.

'went to sleep forever'

twats.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Just read some of the rest of the site - possibly the most depressing thing I've ever read. Is the sole content of the mag like hyuk hyuk i took some drugs and like got totally wasted huh-huh (beavis and butthead-style snort)...?

Woebot

having just read this for the first time i'm pretty sickened too. i cant believe for one minute that they would have run these random jottings of nicks as an article if he hadnt died.

whenever i met nick he'd tell me about his drugs experiences, and maybe just because he knew what kind of lifestyle i lead (i haven't touched any kind of drug even tea or coffee, with the exception of a few beers now and then since 1996) he wouldn't frame his "reports" as hunter s thompson-style triumphs. actually he spoke quite warily about them (he WAS quite enthusiastic about ketamine the first time we met) maybe he even looked to me as a nutjob who he could really identify with who didnt use drugs.

however he did become noticeably less enthused. the last time we met, at the first dissensus meet we spoke for a long time and he told me he'd "slipped back" into taking alot of coke and e. i had the feeling that for a while he'd tried to push drugs out of life a little. it was with genuine regret and weariness that he told me this, and thats what makes reading these jottings vice just saw fit (somewhat conveniently) to run a bit of an insult (at least to my memory of nick.

as for heroin, which nick od'd on, well no-one really thought he was doing heroin anymore (i knew he had in the past) that this wasnt common knowledge to even the people very close to him, smacks of the kind of complexity of the situation.

i'm sure nick wouldnt have objected, he may have even been delighted, and i'm sure nicks close friends (they know who they are) were right not to stop vice (doing so would be to censor the dead) but i think its truly pathetic, even disgusting, that a sensationalist piece of drivelling shit like VICE would see fit to capitalise on the scenario as it unfurled. i wonder if nick would have that published if he knew he was going to die at the hands of drugs so quickly?

VICE go fuck yourselves.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I am by no means abstemious, though not as enthusiastic an indulger as I was 20 years ago, nor do I necessarily dislike drug reports. But this was just toss, very obviously just minimal notes with no real organisation or thought, and somewhat exploitative. "Went to sleep forever" is a fairly insulting phrase for its vacuousness and divorce from who Nick was.

3underscore

I think I made my thoughts pretty clear on this article on the Vice thread in the thought section, and I got the kind of response that confirmed my opinions on Vice editorial.

Dr.Doom

Umm...
Nick R.I.P

God i kinda knew the guy aswell,Last time id a seen him was proberly like 94/95 i think when he still lived in Bradford both myne and his hometown atleast i think.The guy had such a lot going for him in the likes of KIN records and like his photos wernt half bad,He also did the directors commentry on Chris Morrises "My Wrongs" and to say the guy had a camio role in train spotting im sure it might of been Humen traffic well one of those any way.He could have been doing some great things by now if he would have stayed clear of the herroin and sh*t.What a shame and poor guy man i cant evan remember the last time i saw him in person and evan if i did i would have been too young to have a decent convosation with him.But my uncle did turn up to his funeral wich i herd was cool i think it was up here in Yorkshire but im not too sure,apart from he was wearing a Super Mario T-shirt.
(Its what Nick would of wanted)

Last edited:

Woebot

(reactivating this thread)

people should probably know (and i only very recently found out) that the coroner said nick "died of an aneurysm on his lungs" not a drugs overdose as we originally thought.

even though i suspect it was probably exarcebated by drug use, that's entirely conjecture on my behalf. i believe it does throw a different light on VICE's piece.

i suggest we let bygones be bygones.