version

The stuff people MC over always has that terrible kick/snare pattern and a cheesy bassline like this:

Last edited:

luka

You're thinking of skibbidum biddidum not the the unity sound lot, 5-o, hyper d, remedee, co gee, times 2

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Used to love GQ

At one stage in my musical taste I was into Spyda, Baseman, Fearless, Stevie Hyper SD, Trigga, Skibadee... But I dunno if I would be now.

Still think they're intrinsic to that culture. The problem is a great MC makes a set so much better and a MID or SHIT MC absolutely ruins it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I thought you said Eksman there and I nearly did a double take. one of the absolute worst.

yeah, shabba, 5o, navigator for me. GQ is alright. just alright. Det is decent, not sure what's so irritating about him to you today Luke? Conrad is plod, but funnily enough (and this sounds counter-intuitive as all hell) he actually works over 93 era darkside ratty sets. but robbie d, awful brummie who just screamed over the music.

I like some of the spaced out bad boy sleaze of Mad P around 93 but come 94 he started coming out with that 'house music is for the gay boy house music is for the fraud' shit and, just absolutely no.

no justifying that shit, obviously.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I actually heard a 98 wiley set a few years ago and people always used to laugh at me - the grime boys didn't like that jump up ur chattin out of ur arse they were dirty south heads to the core, and it was like, no, incontrovertible evidence to the contrary. it's like Slimzee telling Uncle Dugs that he moved to garage because dnb was a closed shop that he couldn't get his foot in.

sadmanbarty

5ive o's best when he's a disappointed teacher dishing out tough love at a rough school. surrogate father figure.

2 mintues 10 seconds in: