xlr8r mag this month

mms

sometimes
there is a big and interesting piece about funk carioca in us mag xlr8r this month, detailing some social history and perspective, interviews etc as well as a piece on reggaton geezer daddie yankie too.
i think you can get the mag in shops like tower and borders in the uk for london people, its a good mag which is a rare thing

3underscore

I still cannot find a copy of this anywhere mms - which branches? I tried Borders Oxford St to no avail. I get the feeling I may have to take the punt and subscribe. How much does it work out at?

believekevin

I picked up this issue in Boston a few weeks ago. The articles on funk and dad-dee yahnk-ay were pretty good.. but I am always disappointed with the brevity of so much writing in xlr8r. There always seem to be a dozen little blurbs on "cool stuff."

Jah Mek the World and Kano reviews under the Breaks section!

Mr H

stelfox said:
as a former xlr8r writer, you can't get it anywhere in the uk at all.

You used to be able to get in a couple of good newspaper shops in Soho. Try the ones in Old Compton Street.

I'm in Scotland where its hard enough to find a copy of The Wire so I've no chance of finding a copy!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
you used to be able to get it in a few places but the distribution is fucked now as far as the uk goes. i'm sure there might be a newsagent somewhere in charlotte street or round there stocking it but to be honest, when you can get urb in tons of places and loads of other us mags elsewhere i can't for the life of me see why they won't sort this out and as it's something i mentioned to them time and time again, i can't be bothered to search it out.

Mr H

and they do that annoying thing on their site where they only publish the first couple of paragraphs of articles.. :confused: