london this week(end)

Gido

night tripper
im going to london (for the first time in almost 10 years) this wednesday till sunday, i need information on things to do, especially grime events and places to go, but please do hestitate to mention anything thats worth a visit, cultural, nature, shops, area's, whatever, anything you can think of. cheers!

gabriel

The Heatwave
no lay from unorthodox is doing a live pa at heatwave vs mas fuego on friday - its ladies night so we've also got pas from lady chann (suncycle) and criola (latin clan). gonna be large...

full details www.scandalbag.com

on a more cultural note, i'd have to recommend the british museum (plus it's free) and maybe a walk along regent's canal if it's sunny... :D

Gido

night tripper
thnx ppl!

swindon?

also, whats the best record stores? i want to get home with some grime on vinyl!

gabriel

The Heatwave
rhythm division - roman road (bow)
uptown - d'arblay street (west end)

does independance have a physical shop or is it just online?

J

jimbackhouse

independance is in lewisham, 55 Lee High Rd, SE13. it's worth the detour!!

faustus

i'm in london for the first time in ages this coming week (ie. til the 25th)

any recommendations for things happening gratefully received.

rivet90210

London, in the next few weeks

Seems like the right thread . . .

I'm going to be in London for a week from the 6th of next month, would anyone be able to recommend anything that's going on or maybe even somewhere to look for what's going on. Reggae dances would be of particular interest.

I've got some record stores to visit out of old posts, the John Eden lists are pretty good! But, is there anywhere in particular to head for grime; new stuff, but particularly old. I expect the latter may be wishful thinking.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
no worries. as to grime, god knows - it used to be rhythm division in e3(?) and blackmarket in soho, but that's a looooong time ago. or did you mean to go out and hear it?