S.M.F. Rush Stimulator - The Fourth Excursion

sadmanbarty

blissblog's been leaving this round in threads like a gideon leaving bibles in hotel rooms. let's crack the code together. uncover its magic.

sadmanbarty

“stimulate” is stripped of all sexual connotations. it’s fed into the machine. it becomes an electric charge. physiological coding.

you get those bubbles-as-drums in loads of post-timbaland rnb (such as the opening tlc track in thrid’s list)

i like when the first bass comes in. reminds me of shank and bigfoot’s ‘sweet like chocolate’.

the stabs are grimey (pow, dred d- invade)

the 2nd half is great. now i see why blissblog's gone all jahova's witness about it.

it’s vhs tape all wound up and tangled. a flailing laviathon made out of dial up sound.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
of course the smf on rugged vinyl 002 was featured on my list, the intro of this is even more demented than that, aquatic lifeforms scrubbing out yer cranium

quite drexciya actually especially when that melodic bassline kicks in at the 1:30 mark.

blissblogger

thought it would be a lark to put this tune in an appropriately titled thread in each forum, but when I got to Politics there wasn't anything suitable so I had to give up

first heard this on one of my all-time fave pirate tapes - where it's coming out of something else almost as crazed - the whole session is at this absolute peak of insanity

one of those "cannot believe this music exists, people are making it on purpose" moments

haven't looked for the sample source in R&B, but i thought of Barty's Sexual 69 because the lyric is quite direct - "you stimulate me so much/ you make my love rise"

also thought maybe SMF stood for Sexy Mother Fucker as in the Prince song

but according to Discogs, it stands for Stiff Middle Finger, Small Medium Fries & Serious Mo'Fo's depending on the release

i need to do a proper study of the SMF urrrv - that tune Thirdform posted also demented

blissblogger

crave crave crave

like this discogs comment below SMF The Fourth Excursion

megaurquhart September 14, 2015
referencing #4 - The Fourth Excursion, 12", SMF 004
Anyone know where the vocal sample on rush stimulator is from ?
I've been wondering since 1992 !

Help a brother out!

I've been wondering since 1992! an itch he can't scratch

i know what he means though

interesting, the sample-spotting urge - on the one hand you crave crave crave to know, but on the other, it's better really if it stays shrouded in mystery

it took me ages to identify "Rush Stimulator" itself

only found it by accident - saw the EP in an odd little market stall in Greenwich with loads of really battered hardcore 12inches (that side street market about 5 mins from where Luke now lives) - saw "Rush Stimulator" the title and thought 'could that possibly be "You Stimulate Me So Much"/Mad Riffer?' (or whatever i'd titled it as on the tape)

the stall had some connection to a hardcore/jungle shop in Lewisham, but never managed to get down there - a missed opportunity that itches at me still

there was no external body of knowledge you could refer to then, i don't think discogs existed or if it did it was a pale shadow of what it became, and i didn't know about it anyway

you had to map the territory yourself, or draw on what people you came across had mapped out

in some ways i'd rather i didn't have any names for the members of SMF, on the other hand now i know from discogs their other identities i can do the auteurist thing, the mop up every last scrap operation