music swapping

soi

stop me if this is an old suggestion, but there must be people living in all sorts of countries in here...i'm always keen to get hold of local music wherever i go, even if it's just going into a shop and buying ten tapes at random. so the thought occurs - is anyone else interested in this? does anyone want to use this forum to get in touch with other people for this sort of thing? i know i've rather buggered it up from my point of view by roundly dissing sri lankan music but i'll start off:

i'm in sri lanka - if anyone wants some tapes or cds of the sort of stuff they listen to over here (not M*A, sod off) and can send me something interesting in return then let me know! i;d like to hear more of the Screw stuff from houston, grime mix tapes, favela funk, absolutely anything from africa etc.

so if anyone's interested in doing that sort of exchange, let's go!

zhao

there are no accidents
sure this sounds like a good idea. but I couldn't be bothered with going to the Post Office though. I have a FTP site with 200 MB space we can use for MP3's. what do you think about that?

love Southeast asian pop. I have lots of traditional African stuff on labels like Ocora...

S

simon silverdollar

soi- did i arrange with you to send you some pirate grime tapes in return for sri lankan and african pop? if so, i don't think i ever received yr address- if you give it to me, i'll post the tapes off asap.

(even if yr not who i think you are, the offer of grime tapes in return for sri lankan and african pop, or anything else interesting, still stands.)

soi

confucius said:
sure this sounds like a good idea. but I couldn't be bothered with going to the Post Office though. I have a FTP site with 200 MB space we can use for MP3's. what do you think about that?

sounds great, but...am on a wheezing modem that gets stuff at about 1 k per second :) could certainly upload you a couple but if you're interested in whole albums that would take days!