trans-femme-cyborg bonding: gangsta trance

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
neither the frameworks of soul nor anti-soul are satisfactory anymore and lead us back into antiquated notions of music being on an unending chronological trajectory. we have to detail when soul became irrelevant or when the anti-soul mythos begun. needless to say this still assumes that the framework was the correct one and not one which was objectified and alienated from us. we have to find a new field of enquiry to reflect the present. I propose, gangsta trance. not only can it be soulful (in the sense of being euphoric and classy) but it always must have the gangstas edge to it. lonnie liston smith is obviously not gangsta trance then. this is the unification of the dialectic, the haj of the islamic age of dissensus we've all been waiting for. Gangsta trance, unlike pro-soul/anti-soul, relishes (and delights in) arguments with the past. It sees music as living history not nearly as banal cultural commentary. in that sense 1984 electro records are futuristic insofar as history is the future. history is always what the gangsta trance theologian questions, talks to, wonders how to relate to. it never goes away.

gangsta trance is not a genre its a philosophy and a state of mind.

Last edited:

luka

Anti soul was invented in exasperation at pattys unreconstructed evocations of magical savages leading a pure life of uncorrupted instinct. I had to ban funk just to get him to stop all that bongo stroking. Hey you're just stuck in your intellectual box man.

luka

Anyway if we're going to found a new movement that's a belter of a tune to stand in for the written constitution

luka

Anti soul was invented in exasperation at pattys unreconstructed evocations of magical savages leading a pure life of uncorrupted instinct. I had to ban funk just to get him to stop all that bongo stroking. Hey you're just stuck in your intellectual box man.

Or was it to sell techno to Barty? I've forgotten

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
both really. but we can assimilate patty into gangsta trance. it will take the best bits of his bongo love anyway, just make it .. gangsta

luka

He'll just use it to tell us some story about hanging out in a bar in Havana doing Coke with prostitutes with hearts of gold who taught him to dance the rhumba

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
He'll just use it to tell us some story about hanging out in a bar in Havana doing Coke with prostitutes with hearts of gold who taught him to dance the rhumba

ngl i might become a soulboy if this comes as a freeby.