Jackson Fourgeaud

Woebot

Really really dug this guys "Radio Caca" which man-like-old-WOEBOT-correspondent-Nick-Wrigley-where-is he-now hipped me to. You MUST hunt this down if you haven't heard it. Ultra-funky cut-up. Genuine Disco-concrete.

Also chanced upon M83's "Run Into Flowers" (Jackson Mix) which was lurking on my Hard-drive.

Googled him and discovered, hey presto, that he was signed to WARP a matter of days ago. Cool!

http://www.warprecords.com/news/?offset=0&ti_id=938

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I've only heard that M83 remix but I reckon it's amazing. It's one of those odd "who the fuck did this??" remixes that's left me itchy for more since I heard it, so am pleased to hear he's putting out something more (and via a label that gets to Australia).

michael

Bring out the vacuum
It's alright, but I thought straight away that I'd heard it before, which is not what I was hoping for. It's probably just the curse of unreasonable expectations - repeat listens should calm me down. ;)

Actually it reminds me a lot of what forum member Omaar was doing 4 or 5 years ago! From memory that in turn was inspired a bit by that Matmos split 12" on Fat Cat... had that track that's all jerky stumbly r&b samples and big doof doof kick?

blunt

shot by both sides
'Scuse the ressurection of this v old thread, but it seemed the most appropriate place to ask...

I just read about this - anyone got it? And if so, any chance they can hook me up? :)

Thanking yow...

mms

sometimes
blunt said:
'Scuse the ressurection of this v old thread, but it seemed the most appropriate place to ask...

I just read about this - anyone got it? And if so, any chance they can hook me up? :)

Thanking yow...

it's something warpmart gave away - it's very cool and out of stock now but you should hook up a d/l.
we got the utopia single in at the mo . think we're the only people doing it in uk as it's a french single

another thing is he's playing at the social tonight for free if you like him

blunt

shot by both sides
blunt said:
I just read about [Jackson's Smashup Megamix 1.0] - anyone got it?

Is it conceited to quote yourself?

Either way, anyone who hasn't heard it already, and is interested in getting hold of it, can find it here - no doubt for a limited period only.

Is good. Enjoy.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
you can quote yourself all you want, as long as you deliver the goods...thanks!

as long as we're on the topic of Jackson, is anybody else as sick as I am of the "hidden track" trick at the end of CDs?...it rarely works as a surprise (seeing the CD length when you insert the disc usually gives it away) and it keeps me from loading generally ace tracks like "Radio Caca" onto my iPod...