PDA

View Full Version : m.i.a is grime: it's official.

simon silverdollar
20-05-2005, 01:21 PM
davinche and dexplicit have remixed her- soundclips on www.uptownrecords.com

Tactics
20-05-2005, 03:49 PM
davinche and dexplicit have remixed her- soundclips on www.uptownrecords.com

I wrote about this in another thread and she isn't garage/grime....

simon silverdollar
20-05-2005, 03:53 PM
i was only joking about her being grime.

Tactics
20-05-2005, 03:57 PM
i was only joking about her being grime.

I know im jus saying though....I tell you what though anyone within my team, BreakBeat Productions, could do a better job then both of those efforts....

hint
20-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I tell you what though anyone within my team, BreakBeat Productions, could do a better job then both of those efforts....

http://xlrecordings.com/features/mia/onlinepiracy/download.html

there you go

Tactics
20-05-2005, 04:47 PM
http://xlrecordings.com/features/mia/onlinepiracy/download.html

there you go

safe - if these are accapellas, give us about a week or SO ('cos we all do diff stuff and I have to drag Nii-O away from the RWD forum!) and check our soundclick....

boy better know
20-05-2005, 05:02 PM
safe - if these are accapellas, give us about a week or SO ('cos we all do diff stuff and I have to drag Nii-O away from the RWD forum!) and check our soundclick....

Off topic, but is the RWD forum working just now? I haven't been able to get on for about a week or so.

stelfox
20-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd be really intersted to see what tactics turns up.... maybe we should do a jukebox jury-style thing and put it to the vote as to whose mixes are best?
if he wins, i propose we set up a thread where we tell him how great he is at least once a day for a week, if not we ban him from moaning for the same period of time. hows about it?

mms
20-05-2005, 05:30 PM
yep gowan tactics, make mia sound exciting

Tactics
20-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Off topic, but is the RWD forum working just now? I haven't been able to get on for about a week or so.

is it? interesting. Nii-O is a lying....

Tactics
20-05-2005, 05:39 PM
yep gowan tactics, make mia sound exciting

im interested in what Nii-O will do....he's a bit nuts at times....

Tactics
20-05-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd be really intersted to see what tactics turns up.... maybe we should do a jukebox jury-style thing and put it to the vote as to whose mixes are best?
if he wins, i propose we set up a thread where we tell him how great he is at least once a day for a week, if not we ban him from moaning for the same period of time. hows about it?

I have to rave about all the music talked about in here aswell with excess hyperbole....lemme watch the Simpsons first and I'll try and start lol....

Tactics
20-05-2005, 09:11 PM
well I've got it to loop now - man her voice is annoying lol....

btw Nii-O is PISSED....he likes her less than I do LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gumdrops
21-05-2005, 12:41 AM
well come on then, lets hear what youve got and how youre going to set the world of grime on fire and leave wiley and wonder quaking in their boots!

Tactics
21-05-2005, 12:50 PM
well come on then, lets hear what youve got and how youre going to set the world of grime on fire and leave wiley and wonder quaking in their boots!

who said I'll do garage? maybe though....

gabriel
23-05-2005, 11:12 AM
wow, interested to see what comes out of this. the thought of remixing mia makes me feel kind of sick though, having to listen to her over and over again must be tough! off topic: i fielded my first ever request for mia while djing the other day (in, of course, shoreditch). i found it quite depressing...

boones
25-05-2005, 07:05 AM
The subject name for this thread is very misleading.

:eek:

simon silverdollar
25-05-2005, 09:48 AM
The subject name for this thread is very misleading.

:eek:

it's supposed to be. let confusion reign!

hint
27-05-2005, 10:42 AM
something I knocked up last night to pass the time while we wait for tactics and his production team to rip up the rule book, re-write it, then rip it up again... or something ;)

bucky done gun (hint's no, seriously, what do u call it? refixture) (http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0E6PF2ZNGRS932VQC5HRXB1ZKT)

don't phone in - it's just for fun

glee
28-05-2005, 01:13 PM
i'd just like to say...

...that's absolutely brilliant. cant stop playing it.

Woebot
30-05-2005, 09:26 AM
covering mia is a good idea.

funnily enough i had this very same plan a couple of months ago to do a very "bedsit" double-sided 7" version of a couple of her tracks (you know white male droning on, crap pots and pans percussion) with the aim of reclaimimg it from the blahs (all done anonymously you understand)

then i realised that it'd be a total waste of time, even it did turn out to be a bit of fun.

hint
31-05-2005, 10:08 AM
i'd just like to say...

...that's absolutely brilliant. cant stop playing it.

thanks glee

actually, the more I listen back to it, the more I like it.