Maddogs - Monged Out - Underdog
Electronic Experienced - IQ - Basement
Sounds Superior - Art of Intelligence - Basement
Jo - R-Type - Awesome
DJ Crystl - Warpdrive - Lucky Spin
Third Party - Screwface - Third Party
Bay-B-Kane - Let Me Go - Whitehouse
Hyper-On Experience - Disturbance (DJ Tango Remix) - Moving Shadow

any feedback would be very much appreciated, will forward it on to dj twist!

marc

D

droid

droid said:
Best

jungle

tune

ever!

Does he have a license to play it? ;)

Shit! :eek: Tunelexiya strikes again. For some reason I thought that read 'Dark Crystl' and not 'Warpdrive'. Only noticed when i was listening to this on the bus home... so Im afraid Ill have to retract my previous post... Warpdrive is good, but not that good!

bassnation

the abyss
droid said:
Shit! :eek: Tunelexiya strikes again. For some reason I thought that read 'Dark Crystl' and not 'Warpdrive'. Only noticed when i was listening to this on the bus home... so Im afraid Ill have to retract my previous post... Warpdrive is good, but not that good!

lol, i'll have to keep a look out for this dark crystal, sounds wicked!

this is a pretty good mix imo, although lighter in places than i expected. the thing i love about twists mixes is that hes got such an enormous complete collection, its always stuff i haven't heard before. hes pretty good live too, if you ever get the chance to see him.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
droid said:

No, you were right the first time. Warpdrive IS the best jungle tune ever. Dark Crystl has that nice up/down bassline thing going on but it doesn't have the urgency of Warpdrive and that gorgeous breakdown.

D

droid

DigitalDjigit said:
No, you were right the first time. Warpdrive IS the best jungle tune ever. Dark Crystl has that nice up/down bassline thing going on but it doesn't have the urgency of Warpdrive and that gorgeous breakdown.

No way!! Warpdrive has that great driving drum pattern thing going on, and the epic swooshy noises, but its much more percussive than the Dark Crystl, and whilst rhythmically its brilliant, its also IMO, one of the more mundane Crystl tunes due to its lack of melody... DarkCrystl has the amazing build up, great breakdowns 'prepare yourself' and 'dark crystl' sample.. amzingly uplifting synths, dirty accelerated and overfiltered drums, and that big clanging echo noise which rivals the strings in Seven Samurai for anthemic jungle status! It might even be a better tune than 'let it roll'...

Ive got a mix with Dark Crstyl in it at home.. Ill dig it out an upload next week.. maybe we can have some kind of Crstyl showdown!? :p

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
I get the feeling that what I call "Warpdrive" is what you call "Dark Crystal". They both have the same vocal sample only it is cut short in "Warpdrive" which makes it more confusing. I like that little pulsing synth that just keeps repeating in "Warpdrive", kinda like the one in "Here Comes the Drumz" by Doc Scott.

D

droid

DigitalDjigit said:
I get the feeling that what I call "Warpdrive" is what you call "Dark Crystal". They both have the same vocal sample only it is cut short in "Warpdrive" which makes it more confusing. I like that little pulsing synth that just keeps repeating in "Warpdrive", kinda like the one in "Here Comes the Drumz" by Doc Scott.

I think your right. In warpdrive the sample is cut short to 'we have the power'.... Phew! :)

Dark Crystl was the first release on Force Ten, whilst Warpdrive was an early release on Deejay... heres The Dark Crystl (with a woeful lack of comments), and heres warpdrive. Also worth a mention is the the warpdrive remix, which is along similar lines as the let it roll remix, clearer and heavier production and stripped down so its a bit more bit more 'drum + bassy' than the original...

The Dark Crystl trumps them both though. Amazing tune.

Woebot

This is an amazing mix.

And for the record it should be stated that tWist is not just your average Ardkore collector. He's practically THEE conoisseur of this music. So if you haven't downloaded this mix you're a fool.

Luvvin it.

adruu

This Is It
Yeah, I knew it was THAT twist! He was on the old breaks (cough) and oldskool lists right? Shout out to him wherever he is...g_d knows how many tune i.d.'s i pestered that guy about.