statik remixes bloc party

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
There's two mixes. Both different.

I've played them on ym show.

I'll play one of them again this week for you to check out.

hint

party record with a siren
mms said:
thats out and it's not - it's all trash djs and four tet yawny stuff

Ah, I see... hmmm... Statik mixes may still come out on a 12" I suppose

DJL

i'm joking
This is really good. Not heard much like that before. Played it to my brother who is a rock dude and he was well impressed and wanted to hear it again immediately. He also wanted to know who the MC was and when I described him as like the guy off Police Academy who makes sound effects and has incorporated Street Fighter special attack noises into his lyrics he was almost literally salivating and demanded I play him that. I think its brilliant that indie rock people like the The Ordinary Boys and Bloc Party are crossing genres. Illuminates who the big boys are imo.

mms

sometimes
DJL said:
This is really good. Not heard much like that before. Played it to my brother who is a rock dude and he was well impressed and wanted to hear it again immediately. He also wanted to know who the MC was and when I described him as like the guy off Police Academy who makes sound effects and has incorporated Street Fighter special attack noises into his lyrics he was almost literally salivating and demanded I play him that. I think its brilliant that indie rock people like the The Ordinary Boys and Bloc Party are crossing genres. Illuminates who the big boys are imo.

except the ordinary boys regardless of liking grime are inexplicably bad pub rock from 1978.
i think of all these groups bloc party will be the one band that may become greater than the sum of the culture that created them.

does Flirta's lyrics have anything to do w/ the original song?

Too bad it didn't make their rmx LP. What's it for then?

h-crimm

that bloc party boys voice is so boring. it doesnt need flirta d to be whooping away to point that out but the comparison doesnt do bloc-boy any favours.

i guess its cool for flirta di didi dee if rock boys get into him as a novelty police academy style crazy :confused:

gumdrops

lots of indie boys seem to be namechecking grime artists - the producer paul epworth was namechecking crazy titch and kano in the NME, ian brown has been talking about how much he likes grime lately too. this remix is fantastic btw!

Last edited:

Sophie Sticklebrick

nocturnal emissions
Paul Epworth was remixing Kano quite a while ago, and he gave him a copy of Bloc Party's 'She's Hearing Voices' which Kano then rapped over. Bloc Party really liked it and wanted to release it but it didn't make it onto the remix album.. perhaps because it wasn't exactly a remix.

Kele from Bloc Party grew up near Kano in East Ham and went to school with one of the Mitchell Brothers, fact fans!

Immryr

this is a good remix but just imagine how amazing this would sound if it was a remix of the fall. mark e smiths vocals would sound toppa top over something like this.