Strange/Rare Kraftwerk record.

SMorlighem

Hmm, I know this one, nice (must check my NDW mp3 mess) ; is it really related to Kraftwerk ? Some Bartos stuff ?

This great site mentionned it but no info. Sherlocks, stand up!

mms

sometimes
hmm, a friend of mine heard some stuff by kraftwerk which was scrapped post electric cafe, he said it was kinky stuff some of it, one track was about fucking cars, maybe this has something to do with it, why not ask the seller ?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I typed "die dominas" (in speech marks) into google and got the info you want straight away.

So Ralf and Karl did the cover art and Manuel Göttsching was involved with the music.

'E2-E4' gets a bit of discipline? :D

O

Omaar

The story behind it:

"Were Ralf and Florian behind the group 'Die Dominas'?

No, but Ralf Hütter and Karl Bartos did inspire the 10" mini-LP Ich bin a Domina, for which they wrote two chords and designed the sleeve! Here's part of a magazine interview with Ash Ra Temple's Manuel Gottsching (taken from 'Dreams World', issue 11).

" 'Die Dominas' were two old friends of mine. They are my long time friend Rosi, who also performed on some Ash Ra Tempel records (...) and Claudia Skoda for whose fashion shows I have been composing and performing most of the music since 1976. They knew KW from Düsseldorf because they often went there together for fashion fairs. Ralf H. and Karl B. wrote down two special chords for them on a piece of paper: the 'sub Domina' and the 'Domina seven' (Domina = dominant) chords. Later in Berlin they were asking me to show them how these chords sounded. So, one evening when we were doing a nice long session together in my studio, I played them these chords. I explained a little about the instruments in the studio, and they started experimenting with them, without knowing that I was already recording the session! It was really a hilarious session, and the voices sounded like we were having a party. The next day, I started re-mixing the material, and finally got three titles out of it! Claudia and Rosi were so impressed with the result they played it to Ralf and Karl. They were so taken by the recording they offered to make the cover for the album. It turned out to be a very nice cover that looked like a silhouette in black and yellow. " "

http://kraftwerk.hu/faq/related-projects.html#dominas

owen

mms said:
hmm, a friend of mine heard some stuff by kraftwerk which was scrapped post electric cafe, he said it was kinky stuff some of it, one track was about fucking cars

!!!!

francesco

Minerva Estassi
m-3a.jpg

Maurizio from Basic Channel made a "remix" (or a remake?) of "I ben a Domina" on his M label, is M 12" number 3 and is also on the "M" cd compilation. never heard the original pity.

Woebot

francesco said:
m-3a.jpg

Maurizio from Basic Channel made a "remix" (or a remake?) of "I ben a Domina" on his M label, is M 12" number 3 and is also on the "M" cd compilation. never heard the original pity.

aaah! i was thinking that maybe there might be some connection to that M record! thanks francesco. what a cool little story too.