Demon

Rambler

Awanturnik
I confess that other than the various mixes etc. that get put up here and a few of the big CDs, I'm pretty much a Grime virgin compared to most people here, but I completely love Demon's 'I won't change' on Run the Road - who's got tips for other Demon stuff a novice like me should be looking for?

gumdrops

get the kano song reload it also feat d double e, its also breakbeaty and old school-hiphop-like.... demon sounds too much like the UK's freeway to me though.

S

simon silverdollar

demon's big tracks are 'armshouse' and 'gash', both done when he was east co.

but i think his best track is 'bring arms', which is on aim high vol 1. i'll yousendit later.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Can't*forget "Gangsta Toyz" by Big E-D feat. Demon & Kano. Demon blows me away for his ability to sound completely possessed and manic on that track.

Rambler

Awanturnik
Brokeman said:
Demon blows me away for his ability to sound completely possessed and manic on that track.

But keeps it tight at the same time. I think it's that line between in control and out of control that I like. And he's got some really nice rhythms in his lines that are all his.

Cheers Simon, you're a star! Yeah, Bring Arms is great.

gumdrops

am i alone in thinking that demon copped 85% of his style from freeway? i think if there was a black beastie boys in grime, demon would fit right in!

Brokeman

Living Too Late
I love that Ghetto Kyote vocal! Easily my favourite. Shame I've never found any version other than that one from the mixtape.

Hey, what is that catch-phrase of Demon's where he says something like "Dave Mills! Dave Mills!"? I could never figure that out.

S

simon silverdollar

i think it's 'that 8 mill, that 8 mill...will split yr grill'

Demon is so much better than Freeway. They have similar voices I suppose but where Freeway is slightly unhinged, Demon is totally psycho. "that line between in control and out of control" that Rambler speaks of is exemplified in the switch from hook to first verse in Arms House. He sounds great over heavy grinding beats like this and Gangsta Toyz

originaldrum

from start till done
the funny thing is have you ever seen demon? i think hes on run the roadz or something, he is the straightest looking dude on road, serious

luka

he took more from shark major than freeway. i very much doubt demon took antything from freeway. freeway is a virtual nonentity and he's only been around about a year, demon's probably been around longer than he has.

Rambler

Awanturnik
originaldrum said:
the funny thing is have you ever seen demon? i think hes on run the roadz or something, he is the straightest looking dude on road, serious
I love that Run the Road pic - he just looks like a really shy awkward kid, totally different to what you'd expect.