You should all come to this night, coz it'll be fun

stelfox

Beast of Burden
well, those of you in london, that is.
i last played with djc in new york, with ripley and it was great, so i'm expecting this to be good, too.
obviously i'm playing, along with gdw and xiquet which is always fun, and it would be nice to get a few of you down.
i think the coup is that i'm doing a while in the main room (aiming for a bashyrootsraggacrunkaeton kind of set here) and then a shorter spurt of good old plain and simple ragga in the back room.
anyway, just letting you know coz it's only a week away now!

flyer02.jpg

Last edited:
looks fun - I'll try and make it (sure I owe you a pint anyway). But, er, not sure I've quite got the right clobber for this sorta thing....I take it goth-reggae is (thankfully?) an as yet unexplored musical/sartorial genre....hmmm...give us a clue dave, what's the look?

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
infinite thought said:
looks fun - I'll try and make it (sure I owe you a pint anyway). But, er, not sure I've quite got the right clobber for this sorta thing....I take it goth-reggae is (thankfully) an as yet unexplored musical/satorial genre....hmmm...give us a clue dave, what's the look?

goth reggae - blogger and dissensus member dubversion has done "Bela Lugosi's Dread" - a Bauhaus cover in a rather good Jah Shaka steppers style...

S

simon silverdollar

i'll be going to that. be nice to see you again, dave.

john eden

male pale and stale
infinite thought said:
:eek: oh wow! That sounds brilliant. Where can I hear it?

He's off dj-ing on a beach in Italy at the moment, the git.

I'm sure he'd be happy to sort you out with a CDR or something when he gets back. :)

He was planning a follow up as well (in a similar vein [groan!]), but I can't remember what it was for the life of me.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
a probably from me too - I like the sound of the night but I'm not too keen on the rythmn factory

(a plug within a plug)

I'm djing again at the Hat on the Wall on Friday....wall to wall grime, hip hop, r'n'b, ragga, baile...come doth your hats (9-2, Hatton Wall, Clerkenwell)

gabriel

The Heatwave
just to let u all know that audio from may's ladies' night heatwave/mas fuego dance featuring no lay, chann out of suncycle and up-and-coming reggaeton mc criola is now online: www.scandalbag.com/downloads.html

there's also a latin ragga/reggaeton mix that i did last year that i recently posted up on that page as well...

bun-u said:
I'm not too keen on the rythmn factory

how come? i've never actually been there as a punter so don't really have an opinion on it, always interested to hear what people think of it...

infinite thought said:
hmmm...give us a clue dave, what's the look?

goth-reggae is fine by me, quite intrigued actually! :cool:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i'll probably be checking this out if i don't make it to the VP party tonight.
really looking fwd to playing w/ these guys.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
btw, i've just found out we're head-to-head with MIA at fabric, so you all need to come down and check for us!