Is "Miscellaneous" now "dumping ground"?

3underscore

Misc used to be a great catagory - some really good, odd threads in here that evolved (dental care!) - it was sort of an insight to people beyond their ruminating on music, books etc.

But now all the events are landing in here. Why? Just kind of feel that this is going to get overloaded with the Spam, and the idiosyncratic threads will disappear.

dominic

Beast of Burden
we should either have a forum specifically for events

OR, alternatively, take a poll to see if people consider event announcements spam

personally i think being into music is more about going to events and parties and clubs than listening to stuff in my bedroom and critiquing it online -- but perhaps mine is the minority view

so maybe we should share only our thoughts and suppress any mention of our projects and background -- cause that's all extraneous and irrelevant spam

besides who wants to meet people from this forum in real life anyway

Woebot

3underscore said:
Misc used to be a great catagory - some really good, odd threads in here that evolved (dental care!) - it was sort of an insight to people beyond their ruminating on music, books etc.

But now all the events are landing in here. Why? Just kind of feel that this is going to get overloaded with the Spam, and the idiosyncratic threads will disappear.

Hmm. I've only moved two threads here, and I'm sort of pleased people are using it as the place to post more general stuff.

The alternative is to open up a Spam forum! Which would be a real shame.

john eden

male pale and stale
The only way for more idiosyncratic topics to appear in this forum is for people to post them.

3underscore

john eden said:
The only way for more idiosyncratic topics to appear in this forum is for people to post them.

This is true! And Woebot, I know only a couple have been moved here, and can understand the fear of opening a spam forum (always a sad, almost pointless concession). I am glad a few people have commented on this anyway. May the Misc section reign supreme!

:D

I might start a thread on my experiences with the police following getting rolled over last week...